Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Breaking Drag Week News*** Project Sick Seconds is OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Breaking Drag Week News*** Project Sick Seconds is OUT!

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: ***Breaking Drag Week News*** Project Sick Seconds is OUT!

Ouch I am sorry to hear that ! I was looking forward to the week of them having it out
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Bummer, that was going to be one heated contest ....
      :P

Comment

WOW!! I am very sorry to hear this... :'(

If it was so easy, everyone would do it!!! NOTHING about Drag Week is easy when it comes to seriously competing in the top classes... I get butterflies in my stomach when we hit the road from the home track, it all of a sudden hits you, that this is some serious shit! :o

Comment

Well that SUCKS!

I am still rooting for Larry, but competition is what makes it all the more exciting.

Comment

On a lesser note, so am I. I lost oil pressure this morning on a test run... maybe next year.

I feel bad for the guys at Pro Rides. It is a lot of work to build one of those cars. I hope they get the engine fixed and the bugs out of it for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RR
              On a lesser note, so am I. I lost oil pressure this morning on a test run... maybe next year.

I feel bad for the guys at Pro Rides. It is a lot of work to build one of those cars. I hope they get the engine fixed and the bugs out of it for next year.
              How do you just lose oil pressure?? ??? I have heard this, but never had it happen expect on stock old Ford small blocks when the aluminum oil pumps would lock up after 150,000 miles and spin the shaft off.

I got some shit came up in the last minute.. Went to take my junk around the block the other night, brake peddle started sinking, turns out the rear wheel cylinder blew, so I went all through the rear brakes, get it bleed a few minutes ago, seems the master has taken a shit as well.. Master only takes a few minutes to change, and it is the basic chrysler aluminum master, so gonna order one right now, and all will be fine again..

My problems are NOTHING compared to yours and Denny's, so I am repairing it with a smile!! ;D Better now then on the road. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 1FastMopar

How do you just lose oil pressure?? ??? I have heard this, but never had it happen expect on stock old Ford small blocks when the aluminum oil pumps would lock up after 150,000 miles and spin the shaft off.

My problems are NOTHING compared to yours and Denny's, so I am repairing it with a smile!! ;D Better now then on the road. ;)
                I have no idea how I am losing oil pressure. The engine is a BB Olds 455. At 70 MPH I am turning 3500 RPM. After about 30 seconds or so, the oil pressure goes from 45 PSI to 0. If I let off the gas and the engine idles down, it regains oil pressure. It acts like it is sucking the oil pan dry, but it is custom 9 quart oil pan that was full when I checked it, 30 minutes prior. Maybe it is the oil pump? I have no idea what is wrong, only that I would be crazy to take it on the road like this.

Glad to hear you have your problems fixed. I am still coming up to watch the first few days. I will be at National Trail and Indy. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RR
                  Originally posted by 1FastMopar

I have no idea how I am losing oil pressure. The engine is a BB Olds 455. At 70 MPH I am turning 3500 RPM. After about 30 seconds or so, the oil pressure goes from 45 PSI to 0. If I let off the gas and the engine idles down, it regains oil pressure. It acts like it is sucking the oil pan dry, but it is custom 9 quart oil pan that was full when I checked it, 30 minutes prior. Maybe it is the oil pump? I have no idea what is wrong, only that I would be crazy to take it on the road like this.

Glad to hear you have your problems fixed. I am still coming up to watch the first few days. I will be at National Trail and Indy. Best of luck!
                  Ok, that makes more sense.. You don't have an oil pump issue, you have an issue of the oil getting sucked outta the pan, either by windage, or oil being pumped up top, or a little of both.. I strongly suggest you try it again, but slow it down to maybe 60mph, you are really screaming that monster cruising along at 3500rpm, and just cause you have an aftermarket pan don't mean that it is worth a shit when it comes to oil control, seen that more then once.. Don't "assume" what you have is great.. Do you have a PCV hooked up on this??

You may still be able to make it if you really want to go, but that is up to you, as I said, I suggest taking it for another ride, just slow it down this time..

Good luck, let me know.

Comment

I do really want to make it, but I don't want to hurt the engine either. Someone on another board mentioned that it may be that my oil pump pickup fell off or broke. Makes sense to me, I guess.

Even if I could cruise slow (it does fine below about 55 MPH to my knowledge), when I make a run, the engine will see up to 5800 RPM- I am afraid of what that will do.

If this was the Power Tour, I might chance it, but it ain't. No lawn chairs needed at this event! As a competitor, I would want to do my best- a problem like this would prevent that.

I will try next year. Thanks for the help- see you in Columbus. I will just be sight seeing.

Comment

Have you tried changing the oil and filter? if this is a new combo the filter could be full of shop rags/paper towel/silicone.

My dodge truck was doing a similar thing today except the prob there was it only had about 1 quart of oil in it...Added oil and problem solved!

Comment

Got an e-mail from Joe Barry and he had some problems and wont make it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                          Have you tried changing the oil and filter? if this is a new combo the filter could be full of shop rags/paper towel/silicone.

My dodge truck was doing a similar thing today except the prob there was it only had about 1 quart of oil in it...Added oil and problem solved!
                          WOW!!! :o :o :o Who the hell builds YOUR engines!?!???! Shop rags, silicon, paper towels, that sounds like a real skilled builder right there..... NOT!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X