Scary times on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary times on the road!

Ok, talked to Chad. None of this is confirmed but apparently there has been at least one accident and there may be one or more cars off the road. There has also been a tornado in the area that Chad and others are traveling in.

Again, nothing confirmed, I am passing on what Chad told me.

Anyone have more info?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Scary times on the road!

According to The Weather Channel, that's one hell of a band of storms, with tornado watch/warning and severe weather watch/warnings around. Where about are they?
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hopefully everyone makes it ok. ???
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
        According to The Weather Channel, that's one hell of a band of storms, with tornado watch/warning and severe weather watch/warnings around. Where about are they?
        Can't say for sure...east of Milan, Michigan, west of Pittsburgh
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Somewhere's in Ohio then. It's pretty quiet up here right now.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The very eastern edge of Ohio/Penn. west of Philly and W.Va is getting flattened by a good size storm cell. Most of the tornado warnings are in W. VA, though there's still a lingering watch in SE Ohio.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I was going to make the trek from Buffalo to Pittsburgh to see the action, but work got in the way.

Here's hoping everyone arrives there safely and that the skies are clear tomorrow.

Comment

Our buddy Mike with the four eye 6.0L 88mm turbo mustang spun out and tagged the guard rail with the front and back bumper, bent both wheels, he's fine and back on the road.

Comment

Mike Wood with the diesel Mustang? ???

Comment

It wouldn't be Mike Wood, his mustang is 94-98 style, and the diesel is a 6.6L. A four-eyed Mustang would be an early-80s Fox body. Sucks to hear about this, hopefully he can get it patched up enough to continue racing.

Strong thunderstorms did pass through here (I'm about 40 mins north of Pittsburgh) this evening, but all is calm now and should be dry for racing tomorrow. I can't get out of work tomorrow to come and watch the racing, but I'm planning to go see the finals on Saturday in Hebron.
                    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

It was a helluva drive from Milan to Pittsburg! Absolutely pouring rain when we left and we almost went in a ditch just barely moving down the backcountry roads at 15mph. Drag radials are NOT good for rain.

Apparently a tornado touched down near just west of Canton Ohio and we saw a bunch of buildings blown over and roofs ripped off. Can't believe we missed that.

Comment

Yikes be safe guys, hope everyone else is making it ok.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                        X