Spectators at DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectators at DW

I was quite impressed with the turnout at PRP.In talking with a friend of mine from there he told me the promotion was primarily from the track talking it up big time and the fact that it was Jeff Lutz home track.Just thinking out loud but Id bet the turnout would be just as good or more if HPT or KCIR were to be one of the venues for next year.With Larry,Todd,Collin and Mike winning their classes being from the same area Id like to think it would be standing room only.Larry and Mike are always recruiting and Collin told me he was going to be. ;) Im not an attorney and now that I think about it I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn this year. ;D ;D

Re: Spectators at DW

Hpt just got a new marketing director that actually has a clue of whats going on, weather or not he puts it to good use or not a is a whole another story?

Comment

Lets hope so Justin.

Comment

I still believe the route should be published. The fans and spectators can help enforce the rules re support and the event and the sheer cool factor of cars that go this fast (mine excepted) drivin' through all the towns and villages would be great exposure.

Or perhaps give clues in the magazine where the mandatory photo stops will be. A lot of places could use the extra tourism dollars and at least the gas stations will do well.

Of course they'll hide their giant animals if Chad is coming.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hi guys...

Is there much of a spectator following for Drag Week ?
          There's a group of us from the UK looking to come over and see some serious 'street cars' !
          This event sounds perfect but do you have to register just to turn up and watch ?

We long hauled the Power Tour in '01 and had a blast but this looks like the next level !

Steve

Comment

I think it would make for one hell of a road trip and there is often little or no cost to come to the tracks mid week. It would be worth checking in with Hot Rod, I'd write to Rob Kinnan, just to be sure.

It will be important for them to know who you guys are so they suspect you are secret support crew for one of us.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

i am probaly coming just to spectate, i am coming from st louis and gonna party and have a fun time

Comment

I think its great to start having people into it enough to just watch. The more it grows the harder for them to walk away from it in the future
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

well seeing as i have no hot rods right now,,, thanks recession lol,,, i plan on driving from st louis mo hanging out at eachtrack then taking the same route that everyone else does,i wish i could ride along with someone but noone seems interested and i dont know anyone that is going so i guess see u there. if anyone wants or knows someone i can ride with just hoaler

Comment

Stay tuned on the guest rides deal as things often change with co-drivers; jobs, women, jail time.

Comment

Bill is right.Show up and see what happens.Last year I started the week riding with Jeff.Had some problems and I rode the second day with Larsons wife wife and Troys GF.The rest of the week I rode with Kerby Suhre who was in the DD class and rode back to Topeka with Mike Crow

Comment

sweet sounds good. i will probably just show up and see how it goes, if anyone needs a co pilot i will be available

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill
                          Stay tuned on the guest rides deal as things often change with co-drivers, jail time.
                          why you gotta bust me out like that Bill? ;D

Comment

I did Drag Week 2009 as a spectator, just to see how it operated. I ran into some issues the first day at Muncie, Indiana. The Hot Rod staff girls helped out a lot, but it was impossible to get a route map (Top Secret)!! Even thought we were from Florida and just on vacation, it was a no go on the maps. We did not race but followed groups most of the way. You kind of felt like a "red headed stepchild or third person on a date" and it started to be a pain not knowing the routes. I had a good time and knew I was hooked.

I went back and entered Drag Week 2010 with my "Daily Driver 2010 Dodge Charger" and had a blast.... Its totally diffrent being part of the event. I even ended up on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine!!!

I plan on making Drag Week 2011, but Central Florida to Kansas and back is a bunch of $$$$ for fuel!!!

Comment

I think we'll be befriending the HRM staff girls too then !
                              I can understand the reasons for not publicising the whole route, but is does kind of limit the appeal of the event.
                              You'd think the sponsors would be of the opinion 'the more the merrier'

I'd hate to think what it would cost to ship my junk across the pond, tax & insure, legal paperwork etc... and then the gas money !!

I guess we'll just see you at each of the tracks and make our own entertainment inbetween !

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X