Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or Containment Pan at the tracks we are going to????
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Re: Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

1st oil down should be a freebie .... big $$$ after that!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Just wondered tracks are starting to make it their rule faster than a 9.99 and NHRA does not require it on "Bracket" style cars

Comment

A diaper would be a game changer but not a game stopper... Now we wait.........
        sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

I will just make a pan for mine if we do

Comment

I saw larry has a pan on his.

I think the diaper would trap a lot of heat, dont know of anyone running one on the street.

They are probably only needed if you have a race car.

Comment

James,Do you get coupons for diapers at your work? Jeff didnt want to ask ;D Be nice to know classes and rules.

Comment

The pan idea seems easier to implement at least in my case. The frame rail to frame rail requirement will be interesting consistent with suspension movement, the steering link, sway bar etc. I think I can make it large enough to be a minor aero aid so hopefully its a push in terms of ET and MPH.

What I haven't been able to find is a material specification, e.g. how thick must it be if its aluminum sheet? Some have suggested .063 but based on what?
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

What do the NHRA rules say?Havent been alot of problems at the tracks at DW.Most problems occur on the drive.

Comment

Well I am going to make one I geuss better to have than be told you cant go faster than a 9.99 and someone else can.

Comment

Of course these aren't drag week tracks but both Bakersfield and Infineon told last year that we would need them this year, along with locking dip sticks on automatic trans.

I guess locking up dipsticks is a good idea. At least people say it would be good in my case.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Why these are street cars ;D

Comment

Anybody have pictures of a containment pan installed on a naturally aspirated, long tube header door car? I'm trying to picture it going from rail to rail with the steering and headers in the way and just can't see it.

Found a thread on the bullet with some pix

Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Make it like a T it does not have to go rail to rail all the way back so start wide and come in at the headers to the flywheel

Comment

The pictures of that pan on the Mustang in that YB thread would not fly per my reading of the rules due to it not getting to the frame rails at any point and the hole in the bottom. The rules allow for gaps in the 2" side rails but not the bottom.

Mine will be more of a cross shape with a triangular extension towards the front. It will also have to be lowest under the front sump and then rise to the sides which I think will make it more effective and less of a scraping problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X