Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

I made a template for the containment pan this weekend. I've angled up the sides from under the oil pan which is he lowest point so that it acts a bit like a belly pan to smooth out airflow under the car. It extends to just in front of the deep sump transmission pan. It will definitely clean up the underside and it reaches the frame rails but only for about seven inches before going around the lower control arms. It will have the two inch rails all around except for clearing the anit-sway bar and the steering linkage and due to the angled portion even those points are an inch or so higher than the lowest flat area.

The remaining questions are will it cause the engine to run hotter, my guess is maybe 10-15 degrees at most, and what is the confirmed material and thickness requirement. I have to get my cage certified and I will ask the NHRA tech guy these questions and any others we come up with such as:

How many square inches of absorbent material you are supposed to have or what the specification is for volume absorbed. I've seen other posts re "Pig Mat" a commercial, multi-fluid absorbent material. Its not terribly expensive but I really don't need 100 pieces. Does anyone know if this particular product is acceptable and does any one want to share an order. $70 would do about 20 pans.

Pictures to follow.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Re: Hey will we have to wear a Diaper or use a Containment Pan

Bill I have some Yellow Pig Mat I can send you
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

This is bump as much as anything, but now that we know tracks and dates, do local BS'rs know if these rules have been put in place at any of the DW 2011 tracks. It's potentially one more thing on the list for a bunch of us.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

This is up to tracks, not HRM staff. It's a PITA, but why not have one? "These are street cars" is not an answer when you're driving over a conrod at 140 mph.

Comment

A carbon fiber bucket? Leave the straps attached and put it on when you get to the track. It takes a few seconds to release it and slide it out/put it on.

I could probably make these for next year if I thought there was a demand, I'll post some pics up of the one we have next week if anyone is intrested.
            Last edited by A/Fuel; June 20, 2011, 10:42 PM.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
            X