Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just keeps getting better (and more expensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    It was good meeting you at Bonneville, I'm sure I'll be bitten by the Drag Week bug after this years =P
    x2. I hadn't met Mike earlier - but got to hang out with him at Bonneville. Smart, smart, SMART guy!!! We'll hang out again in the future I am sure!!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
    It dosen't matter if you win, what matters is that you finish. Plus, you make a number of really great friends while doing it.

I wish I could make it this year, but it is just not in the cards. I WILL be back when I have time.
    It was good meeting you at Bonneville, I'm sure I'll be bitten by the Drag Week bug after this years =P

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    We're going to have a effing BLAST hanging out. Can't wait to meet the legendary BBR!
    lmeeao (laughing my ever enlarging ass off) You will be underwhelmed, I'm sure.

This is gonna be fun. Moparman63 with be there too. He's a super cool guy from around these parts and he and his brother will be rolling in his '63 Fury.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Rhonda is most likely going to spend my birthday this year in Key West with a friend that has a timeshare.....
    perhaps this is just the leverage I need to do drag week next year.
    (I plan on buying 2 weeks of vacation)

We will see how the ranger comes together for the September club night and see if AOD attempt #2 works as well as it should.

I think the ranger would be a good DD cheapo candidate if for no other reason than I don't care about the body work and it has a handy luggage compartment that negates the need to spend time or $ buying/building a trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Copeland
    replied
    It dosen't matter if you win, what matters is that you finish. Plus, you make a number of really great friends while doing it.

I wish I could make it this year, but it is just not in the cards. I WILL be back when I have time.
    Last edited by Mike Copeland; August 23, 2011, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    We're going to have a effing BLAST hanging out. Can't wait to meet the legendary BBR!
    x2!!

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Haha I'm still gonna run BBNA in spite of only having about half the power of Bill!! lol

I JUST WANT TO FINISH!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Haha I'm still gonna run BBNA in spite of only having about half the power of Bill!! lol

I JUST WANT TO FINISH!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    says the guy that just made 4 digits on the dyno and hasn't hooked up the NAWS yet!

I might as well give up now - I'll never be in the league you guys are - but I'll have a hellofalot of fun thrashing on my junk just the same.
    Don't be so down on yourself. Bill reminded me that, in 2005, he had basically no clue compared to what he knows now about building a killer combo. (I still have no clue but, I can tell you, he picked the RIGHT parts on this build!).

And for anyone else that doubts their chances before the race starts, I'll remind you of what I saw on Drag Week 2005 right after the morning racing was done: the first three miles out of KCIR were *strewn* with broken cars, Unlimiteds, Daily Drivers, SBPA had 3 cars with quicker ETs than us (Parish's turbo truck), leaving just ONE that was in our class and faster... but he got caught loading on the trailer and we ended up with the win, fair and square!

So hopefully anyone out there who is discouraged about BB/NA will still show up. If you knew Bill's valvetrain like I do - you'd understand that your chances are still quite good :-)

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Your never out as long as you show, the fastest car in SB/NA has lost the last 3 years ( Me) LOL if you cant make all 5 days your ET dont matter. I will never forget the 13 second car winning Unlimited one year ( this is how Eddie Miller got his win ) all the unlimited where out after the first day. Make it about the fun and personal bests not the win. You cant control who shows up and what with, there is always a quiet lurker.
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; August 23, 2011, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    says the guy that just made 4 digits on the dyno and hasn't hooked up the NAWS yet!

I might as well give up now - I'll never be in the league you guys are - but I'll have a hellofalot of fun thrashing on my junk just the same.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Jay also has blogs from earlier Drag Week's all the way back to '05 which make for great reading and his build/flog/massive effort this year is the topper.

The intake manifold build alone is epic. I know Jay will be spanking our butts soon enough.

Scotty we need more power!

Leave a comment:

• jaybnve
    replied
    interesting - I got to this place in a round about way from the FORDFE.com site - now Jay is on FEPOWER.net? is that his own site or the new place on the web for the likes of Robotnick and Brown?
    Scott is correct, it is actually my own site. I put it together in order to make my intake manifold book available for sale, and thought that it would be fun to have a small forum there also. I started the "Road to Drag Week 2011" blog last November, and have been writing weekly updates on my efforts to get my new car ready for this year's event. At this point, "epic" doesn't fully do justice to the thrash I'm in the middle of to get the car ready. It has been one problem after another, but I'm going to make the freaking event if it kills me

Here's a link to the "Road to Drag Week 2011" board:

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    interesting - I got to this place in a round about way from the FORDFE.com site - now Jay is on FEPOWER.net? is that his own site or the new place on the web for the likes of Robotnick and Brown?
    it's his own site, and all the usual FE guys are on it.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X