Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just keeps getting better (and more expensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pistons I ordered are TA custom ones, but use .030" Mopar 440 rings. At least I think so since the ring package said they are .030" over bore for my .038" over Buick.

Mopar 440: 4.320"+.030"= 4.35"
    Buick 455: 4.312"+.038"= 4.35"
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think I would have to EFI a Torker 383 Mopar intake for it, just to try, I think it would work
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'd suggest the Wiend high ram, giant huge tunnel rams get the chicks.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Or so I'm told, honey.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

LOL
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Or so I'm told, honey.

A little self preservation kicking in??

John Beck always says "chicks dig blowers". I've never asked if he meant a physical act or a piece of machinery...
              I'm still learning

Comment

Well, we are pretty happy at this point. After 30 pulls and some serious hair pulling as we chased a bad trigger wheel signal wire we made a best of 1014 HP @7500 and 808 Ft lb @ 5800 on VP MS 109 unleaded and 1006 HP @ 7500 and 793 Ft lb @ 5800 on 76 100 unleaded. The motor likes 28 degrees total with either fule and we found that 26 degrees was virtually as good on the 100 when we ramped the curve up to 30* in smooth steps starting at 6000. We think we are good for driving on 91/93 and racing on the 100 as a precaution.

Final engine specs are 588" TFS A460 heads and tunnel ram manifold, twin Accufab dominator flange throttle bodies, 11.86:1 compression, 282/294/113 Comp roller cam with .825/.815 lift. Engine built by Dougan's Racing in consulation with Lem Evans, George Klass, Wilson Manifolds, about thirty people here on Bang Shift and the Virbancic Brothers George and Bob for an amazing dyno experience.

Huge thanks to Brian Rock and Scott Clark for the massive three day thrash to get everything ready for the dyno and to Chad for telling us that we have what amounts to an over sized LS motor and to drop the total timing to numbers we'd have thought were silly going into the dyno.

Now all I have to do is put it in and finish the car and trailer.

Comment

Holy shit Bill that's awesome! Especially the timing and fuel type it responded too. I can't wait to hear it. It'll have my car hiding behind the trailer and changing color to...oh wait.

well, break over. back to the garage.
                  Last edited by Dignlif; August 21, 2011, 01:39 PM.
                  Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

awesome Bill.

Comment

You go Bill! I'm starting again on my junk tomorrow.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It was a fantastic thrash for sure! Congratulations again Bill for such a healthy power plant and an engine that needed nothing more than an oil change and valve lash check while on the pump. It was as solid as could be.
                        Pretty angry, but solid!
                        Listening to the engine while backing the total timing down was an amazing thing. As we got closer and closer to peak power at 28 degrees, the engine developed a totally different sound. The tone was deeper and sharper. It really came around as it neared it's full potential.

Bill, hopefully you will have enough power to pull that little trailer!

Comment

I'd like to second the "HOLY SHIT" Bill, sounds like you guys have really created an Animal this time, way to go and I hope you have a blast and everything goes "really" well for you on Drag Week this year!
                          Last edited by Grumpy; August 22, 2011, 08:04 AM.
                          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Bill - I was hoping it was your engine Scott was posting about on FB - holy mother of blessed acceleration!

Are you sure the cam is big enough? I mean - it's only over .800 lift! YOWZA!

Incredible power numbers, those combustion chambers / piston tops must be a very efficient combination - WELL DONE!

- is anyone else surprised at the small difference between the power numbers on the different octane fuels?

HAVE FUN!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                              ... about thirty people here on Bang Shift ...
                              That is awesome and we will all be following your team at DW !!!

Comment

Great job Bill, and Congrats on topping the 1K HP mark! Looking forward to seeing your car run at Drag Week!

Comment

Working...
                                X