Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just keeps getting better (and more expensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    Sonny Bryant has all the remaining original Ford SVO Boss 429 4.5" stroker forgings so its franks and beans for another year. I shoulda built one of those 5.3 LS twin turbo deals like Hot Rod did. 1200 HP cheap as dirt.
    Why not run a SCAT forged 4.5" crank?

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Bill You have picked the crooked road, I remeber my little 302's in the 70-80's where half Chevy Parts by the time they where done. ( Pistons, valves, guide plates remade, bolts.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Thanks Walt, I will put an LS in my car the day you put a new Boss 302 in yours.

Leave a comment:

• Chad's Dad
    replied
    Bill, I've got a 5.3 LS ready for a rebuild and 2 turbos!.

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    Holy Crap Bill, are you just trying to reinforce the title you gave this thread? Another bummer but like others, better to find out now than in the middle of your Hero pass...

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    I shoulda built one of those 5.3 LS twin turbo deals like Hot Rod did. 1200 HP cheap as dirt.
    Bill, I kinda know the feeling, maybe in micro version and I only have half the horsepower of yours =P I certainly didn't want to buy pistons.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I am beginning to think that I am blessed/cursed on this go around. As part of the refresh we magged the crank, not one but two 1"+ cracks in the filet radius of the #2 & 3 journals. So much junk now, maybe I can use it for table base. But, if the lifter doesn't die maybe the crank does at 6500 RPM and takes out everything, now I hope I never have to find out.

Sonny Bryant has all the remaining original Ford SVO Boss 429 4.5" stroker forgings so its franks and beans for another year. I shoulda built one of those 5.3 LS twin turbo deals like Hot Rod did. 1200 HP cheap as dirt.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    At least a few hours earlier right?

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Have you been talking to Mr Crow and TJ and Mrs Crow ?

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    so jeff, this means you need to get yours done at least one week earlier than usual. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    Good luck getting it together Bill, I'm looking forward to meeting and caravaning with you guys this year.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Geez, Bill only a meesely .830 lift? You should've gone for the full one inch lift.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I think we'll make it, but there'll be zero testing from the way it looks. So we'll just put the top down and cruise.

Leave a comment:

• jaybnve
    replied
    Geez Bill, that is a serious setback! Sorry to hear about the engine trouble, but if there was no last minute thrash, it wouldn't be Drag Week! You can do it, buddy...

I am envious of your lift. With the anemic 1.3:1 ratio rockers in the SOHC, the biggest cam I can get from Comp only gets me to .730 lift. My engine is definitely lift limited, and I'm working on a custom set of rockers to pump up the ratio to 1.5:1, but unfortunately there's no way they will be ready for Drag Week.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    [QUOTE=Did you see my thread where my roller has a dinky .512" lift?[/QUOTE]

That's smart Randall, I'm holding the line on the new cam at .830"

Builder says I am getting way better longevity than they had expected out of the cams. The springs are still good, go figure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X