Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just keeps getting better (and more expensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Damn Bill, put some lift in that thing LOL

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Ouch. I'm feeling nervous about mine and I "should" get mine back by the end of this month. I didn't even need to bore mine because the cylinders, I just opted for lighter forged pistons instead of heavy ones and they just happen to be larger =P

Did you see my thread where my roller has a dinky .512" lift?
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; July 7, 2011, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    So the good news is that after doing a leak down on the long block and finding that number 5 (the one with the mildly fragged lifter) had 24% leak down, we disassembled the rest of the short block.

And we found that roller lifter needle fragments had attached themselves to skirt as they like to do and the bore on number 5 looks like it was vertically honed with 40 grit. So the good news is I'll pick up a few cubic inches, the bad news is new pistons etc. Motor should be done, wait for it, the week before Drag Week.

Never fails.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    nah, its only .800. I seem to have issues with photo posing. Again.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    That's why I'm sticking with low lift and a slow car, to minimize my consumables =P

What's your net lift again, 4 inches?

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Maybe I'll switch to crack, its cheaper. This was another one of the lobes on the cam I pulled out when the roller lifter gave up. What you are seeing is a physical depression in the flank of the lobe as the cumulative pressure cycles of the roller on the lobe begins to push the lobe material to the side. This is opening flank of an intake lobe all of them have this new 'feature'.

With 2.30" stainless valves, 1.8:1 rockers and moderate spring rates the cam becomes a consumable part just like valve springs and lifters.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Its worse than Crack once you have had a taste

Leave a comment:

• brandontinley
    replied
    yea but for the money they sure are nice way to make alot of power

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    LOL some of us are not Bottle Baby's

Leave a comment:

• brandontinley
    replied
    holy cow, what happened to the days of cramming a big holley and a bunch of nitrous on it till it breaks parts, then back it off a little, i miss the old days but enjoy all the new technology

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Amazing work as always Jay.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    They do look cool indeed. I've been foolin' around with PipeMax and it looks like it all might just work with the available cast manifold. I run 19* at the bottom cell on the map rising to 25* in the surrounding cells and on form there up to 32. I hope the baseline is close, setting the mechanical idle with one pair of throttle blades was interesting. With two sets it''l be even more fun. I presume they'll be symmetrical in operation and therefore a single TPS will be fine. I think I'll leave one on the other TB as a back up.

What are air flow dynamics? I just thought bigger was better and two is better 'n one.

Leave a comment:

• jaybnve
    replied
    They look cool on the front, too. I'm actually going to modify this setup to make the throttle bodies aim straight ahead though, because with the air entering at an angle as shown in the photo a bulge was required in the hood scoop. An UGLY bulge...

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    I just put two on top cause it looks Cool

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I just want to say this is very interesting reading. I have no where near the brain power to wrap my head around air flow dynamics, but facinated no less.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X