Drag week 2011 registration is open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag week 2011 registration is open

I just signed up and got my confirmation.

Just signed up as well, time to get my junk rolling again...
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Im there.

Comment

How long does registration stay open? Right up until the event? I had a guy asking me and I didn't have an answer.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

at the event
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'm signing up too, Wish I could have the A/FX car done in time but that won't happen this year. Apparently it'll need a blown and/or injected SOHC motor to meet the rules and the vibe. Jay Brown, any ideas?
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'm loaded with ideas Bill LOL! Let me know when you want to start the cammer build, I'll send you a parts list...

I'm a little concerned with my own project at this point, though. My 69 Shelby Mustang clone has the shock towers removed and a Fatman Fabrications front strut conversion kit installed. According to the rules a "non-stock strut front suspension" is not legal for Modified this year. So, the Fatman kit uses some stock 1994-2003 Mustang components (spindles and struts), but of course these are not stock for a 69 Mustang. So, I'm wondering if I'm legal or not for Modified; does "non-stock" mean aftermarket, or does "non-stock" mean not stock for the car? I sent DF and RK an email asking the question; we will see what they say. If I can't run Modified, I think I'll have to run Unlimited. Nothing like getting slaughtered.

Figures that they would change the rules in my preferred class...

Comment

Jay, maybe I dont understand ,but you could never go from a a-arm front to a strut, its always been that way right? or is that just in street race

Comment

Strut front end conversions were allowed in Modified in the past, as I read the rules anyway. Here's an excerpt from the 2009 rules:

- Modified is for cars with drive tires 11.25 inches or narrower that have none of the modifications that would place them in Unlimited but that do have modifications that prevent them from running in Street Race, including: engine setback past the stock location, non-stock strut front suspension, fenderless configuration, non-OE fiberglass or composite bodies, non-OE fiberglass or composite doors, non-bolt-in-style front suspension, nonstock straight-axle front suspension, bolt-in or weld-in parallel four-link rear suspension, ladder bars, nonstock triangulated four-link suspension, nonstock three-link suspension, nonstock truck-arm suspension, nonstock independent rear suspension, IRS cars converted to solid axle, altered wheelbase, non-OE glass windshield, non-upholstered interiors.

When I ran the Galaxie in 2009 I had to run Modified because early that year I put in an Art Morrison front clip, making me subject to the "non-bolt-in style front suspension" rule in Modified. Seems to me that based on the old rules, a strut conversion would fall into the same category. I think you are correct though, Jeff, about the Street Race classes; changing suspension types has never been allowed there.
                  Last edited by jaybnve; May 18, 2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I have some questions on mine ven if I run it the same way as last year will be posting pictures and asking Dave yeah or nay, easy to fix but its been run this way and no complaints from it no advantage gained.

Comment

im in
                      DD
                      bob

Comment

Working...
                      X