Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Drag Week Rules Q's; Opinions welcome, definitive answers (DF, RK, KT) preferred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After thinking about it A/FX would be cool but running daily driver is cool too. Forget about what class, drag week is about beating on and wrenching on a car you like.

Comment

Seeing that bottom picture, my son and I where out this weekend and stopped by the salvage yard we get parts for his truck at, ( not for parts, but the Burrito truck for lunch! ( They are great) We where leaving and at the stop light from the other dirrection was a 68 Nova cutout wheel wells in the back some slapper bars under the back and one of those early snorkles that looked like a shoe box with the lid pushed forwards on top. I told him thats Old School and soak it up, thats as good as it gets, truth is it sounded good too!
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        Seeing that bottom picture, my son and I where out this weekend and stopped by the salvage yard we get parts for his truck at, ( not for parts, but the Burrito truck for lunch! ( They are great) We where leaving and at the stop light from the other dirrection was a 68 Nova cutout wheel wells in the back some slapper bars under the back and one of those early snorkles that looked like a shoe box with the lid pushed forwards on top. I told him thats Old School and soak it up, thats as good as it gets, truth is it sounded good too!
        Hey Jeff

That sounds like what I am doing to the Chevelle to take on Drag Week. Short of radiusing the wheel wells, I don't mind changes but not that radical. I stretched the front springs as far as they will go, lowered the back, putting a big old school scoop on a stock hood that I have in the barn, pulled the front bumper - brackets on the front, old school speed shop lettering. Just to name a few changes. Oh and I am doing it in Jeff fashion - I just started getting ready a few weeks ago. HA HA

Comment

Working...
        X