Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Drag Week Rules Q's; Opinions welcome, definitive answers (DF, RK, KT) preferred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Drag Week Rules Q's; Opinions welcome, definitive answers (DF, RK, KT) preferred

1. Can a Modified entry use a Fox Mustang type strut retro fit kit on an earlier shock tower Ford, 66-73 Mustang, 60's Galaxie or Fairlane etc? Ex. AJE K-member adaptor for 68 Mustang similar in concept to early Nova bolt on clip.

2. Similar front suspension kit as above on an AFX?

3. Is a 385 series BBF (429-460) eligible for Gasser/AFX?

4. Do rear seats in Street race have to be a) present, b) functional?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

IF I leave my Car just like last year is it legal in SB/NA? I dont know what a quick release front end is. Dave you saw the two pins that take the place of two core support bolts but it still has the 6 bolts at the A-Piller it came with. Its not any quicker than taling out two bolts at the core support, I need to know if it is I will just weld on two frame horns and put two bolts in,,,, or weld it up which ever you like
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      1. Can a Modified entry use a Fox Mustang type strut retro fit kit on an earlier shock tower Ford, 66-73 Mustang, 60's Galaxie or Fairlane etc? Ex. AJE K-member adaptor for 68 Mustang similar in concept to early Nova bolt on clip.

I am also waiting with bated breath for the answer to #1. Bill, for #4 unless that rule has changed, the interior only has to be upholstered. I ran with a guy in 2007 who had no back seat, but had carpeted the entire rear seat area, and this was deemed legal.

Comment

I think with the Power Tour going on we may not hear for a week. At least I think its going on now.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Power Tour doesn't start until June 4, according to the HR web site. They might be on a magazine deadline or something.

Comment

True dat. I talked to DF hisself yesterday and they are on deadline for the book and have an incomprehensible six page spread sheet of actions for the HRPT, but they are in close consultation on the rules issues and will respond soon. HRPT is still a week away as I should have known.

BTW, the new SIM digs are impressive and worth a visit of you ever happen to be in LALA Land and can arrange a walk through the double airlock.

Comment

PER THE NEW RULE CHANGE, YES FOR 2011. DON'T COUNT ON IT FOR 2012 IN MODIFIED.

NO

RULE: "Must use American engine families from

Comment

Cut me off...

Rule: "Must use American engine families from ’67-and-earlier model years. "

A) NO, B) NO

Comment

Jeff, no idea what you're talking about. Email pics.

Comment

David,

Can ProStreet use a Mustang II suspension if bolted to the factory frame at the factory position? I am just looking to move the spindle inboard a couple inches on the Marauder. It already has coilover as factory equipment but Ford moved the spindle outboard 2 inches in 03.

Comment

Thank you Dave!

Comment

I am wondering about running A/FX with my 63 Fairlane, the car is nose up with stock front suspention and slapper bars out back. It has a 302 bassed engine. If I am allowed to run A/FX will add some lettering. I will change wheels to slot front runners and steelies out back.

Tow bar brackets from way back

Here is how the car looked in the 60's at times running lower FX's classes when it did not fit into stock

Is this more the look intended? This was with the wheel wells cut out, they have since been patched. Would this make the car fit in the class?

Comment

A friend here is dyin to follow the crowd the whole route.I told him he better not follow too close to me.lol My Q is,if he waits on us slow movers to show up,could he crash our hotel room without getting me dq'ed?If he can't,I 'll be a nice guy and loan him a tent.

And,yes BBR.I FINALLY got registered,activated,ok'ed,and everything to post here.lol
                          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Man, there is something about a real back in the day car, now updated instead of being a newly minted 'tribute".

It'll be interesting to see what makes the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
                              And,yes BBR.I FINALLY got registered,activated,ok'ed,and everything to post here.lol
                              Whoo hoo! Glad you made it.

I don't think it's any problem having someone stay at your hotel room as long as they are not helping you compete. Anybody I know?

Talked to Dan at the pool last Sunday and the Edsel will not be there and his Comet caught fire and burnt the engine bay. Seems his dad decided to take a job and go back to work. Oh well, I can't wait!
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                              X