gasser class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasser class

some of you guys may know me as i was co pilot for Eddie Miller in 06 and 08. i'm throwing a hunk of junk together painted with rustoleum and wonder if it would fit in the gasser class if i can scrape up the money to bring my own junk to drag week this year. its a 67 but doesnt have a straight axle or anything but i think it may have the look, maybe.....

here is a pic of it. would this car fit into the gasser class?

It would make a great Super Gas runner...
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Hey Ray! Glad to have you over here!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Nice to hear form you Ray! I think it'll work. The class is mostly subjective at this point and the '67 fits the rules and seemingly the vibe. I think they will look closely at the vehicles that are current high dollar race cars made to look old timey. The tunnel ram with a couple Holley is nice and old skool so you should be good to go.

I hope to see you there. Do not bring pictures from '06 especially that steak place after the end of the week.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill, i think i lost most of my pictures about 6 computer crashes ago.

The class seems very subjective and i dont think i would sfi below 10.00. i dont have money for all the crap to go faster han that. so if i go i want to be with the cool cars

Comment

Showing up at DW is being with the cool cars! Remember the racing is secondary to making it all week. You survive two DW with Eddy is hardcore!
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

yes your right. i'm just going thru this rat rod and chicks with tattoo faze

Comment

Rock a Billy Girls!!!!!!
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

That is exactly what we need at Drag Week this year.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not sure that's a Gasser...... Think Nose in the air.... long ass ladder bars and HIGH as a kite ....

I'd submit it to Freiburger...

And you have my undying respect for that which you've survived... Fun stuff....

Comment

its all good, if i can make it i will fit it somewhere.

Comment

rules say straight axle - a/fx style cars, i dont think that car fits either one of those
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

While everything is up to the HR Tech committee (who ever that is beyond DF, RK, MF) the rules say The following is required: To qualify for this class, a car must have the appearance of a traditional Gasser or A/FX car as agreed upon by the Drag Week tech committee. This includes items such
                          as a nose-high stance or solid front axle conversion, a drastically altered wheelbase, radiused rear-wheel openings, retro lettering, period-correct wheels, and so on. Racers who want pre- approval may send photos of the car to [email protected]. •The following are not allowed: A chassis fully constructed of round tubing, Lenco-type transmission, strut front suspension, fenderless configuration, lowered stance, wheels more than 16 inches in diameter, modern graphics, or modern-looking scoops, spoilers, or wings.

In my view the earlier AFX cars, that is cars that look like earlier AFX cars, ought to be good to go, but obviously its subjective. AFX cars are not usually straight front axle nose high conversions

These links show the kind of cars I'm talking about. I hope these are cool and within the rules as that's what we are building for next year.

When NASCAR\'s Bill France outlawed the ass kicking 426 Hemi, The King built a Hemi powered 65 Barracuda to rock the drag race world in the late 60\'s.

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Comment

That Cuda coupe would not fit the class. Bill, your links are pretty broad. Might want to email me and let me know exactly what you plan. The intent is not to have Super Stock cars.

Comment

Working...
                            X