License Passes on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Passes on Sunday

I am running out of runway to finish the car and then get an NHRA Competition License. Any chance of setting something up for the TnT day?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Hope so. Thats what I want to do as well.

Comment

Email Freiburger.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bill, you should contact the drag strip. Heartland Park and NHRA would issue the license not HOTROD. Since HOTROD is renting the track, it would be up to them if they would do it. I have been to test and tune sessions at other tracks when licensing has beengoing on. This would be good for all those entrants who need to update a license.

Comment

I may actually need to as well. But good luck getting an answer from anyone as to if you can do it or not.
          "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

HPT phone number 785-862-4781

Comment

Call HPT they will no doubt help and sure we can fax them off from someones house there LOL if not the track. Its what I did last year with no issues.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                I am running out of runway to finish the car and then get an NHRA Competition License.
                Bill,
                I suggest you get your physical now and license now in a borrowed car at your local NHRA track. It takes time to complete, submit and get your license back from NHRA (even if they fax you a temporary). You will need your license in hand on Drag Week registration / test-n-tune day.
                Steve
                P.S. Don't forget your chassis certification (and other certification items). If it's not current, do it now. If the Mustang's not mobile, drag it on a trailer and take it to the tech inspector. Some chassis tech inspectors will come to you for a small fee.
                D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

I think that might be a little risky Bill, you'd be far better off trying to get it done in advance if possible. Schedule your physical NOW, and look at the test and tune schedules of local tracks to try to find the latest one possible. Once you've made your passes and get signed off, its only a day or two with NHRA; you can fax them the license forms, and they will fax you back a temporary license very quickly. That's how it worked for me, anyway...

You never know what's going to happen on license pass day. I waited until the last minute in 2006, and found out with the new power my car wouldn't hook, and I was all over the track. As a result the track manager wouldn't sign off on the form, and I had to bring a different (slower) car to DW06. If you have that problem at the Drag Week test and tune, you'll be screwed.

What's taking so long, anyway? You're ahead of me, and I KNOW I'm going to make it ;-)
                  Last edited by jaybnve; June 30, 2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Due to work commitments my schedule is tight for another month and I am waiting on some parts as I don't have the CNC and Tig skills that some folks on here do. (Where is the damn envious emoticon when you need it)

I am committed now to my new motor program so licensing sooner would be the loaner car deal which is a big ask of anyone. I have an appointment to get my physical signed off next week so that will be done. And my worst case back up plan is Frank Hawley's school at Norwalk mid-August.

I always end up paying for my procrastinations.

Given so many are interested in getting licensing done at HPT I'll follow-up with them and keep DF and ya'll informed as well.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill,
                      I thought there was a 30 day window after the medical was complete to get the license application submitted but I can't find it written anywhere (so I deleted all references to the "30 day" stuff from this post).

If this is a new license, the six required runs have to be completed and signed off on two separate days.

Steve
                      Last edited by ProCharged509; July 1, 2011, 10:25 AM. Reason: The 30 day criteria is incorrect.
                      D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Originally posted by ProCharged509 View Post
                        Bill,
                        Once the physical form is 100% complete and signed by your doctor, you have 30 days to have the 100% complete and signed competition license & medical forms back in NHRA's hands. If the medical portion is over thirty days old when they get your forms, the medical form is invalid for the license. If this is a new license, the six required runs have to be completed and signed off on two separate days. I did the entire "new license" drill back in 2007 and barely got it done inside of thirty days.
                        I'm sure Frank Hawley can do all the competition license form stuff all in one weekend, but I'd check with him on the earliest date you can have on your medical form signature.
                        Steve
                        Where did you get the 30 info? Don't think thats right.

Comment

It will still be up to HPT not Dave
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by v869tr6 View Post
                            Where did you get the 30 info? Don't think thats right.
                            v869tr6,
                            You're right. I can't find it on any of the forms. I edited the original post to delete the "30 day" stuff. Thanks.
                            CDMBill,
                            Sorry if I added unnecessary stress to your already tight schedule.
                            Steve
                            P.S. I currently don't have an engine either... or a tranny....
                            Last edited by ProCharged509; July 1, 2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: The "30 day" criteria is not on the forms.

Comment

Bill,I saw that you have a call in to Mike Walker at HPT.If you dont hear anything from him,keep calling and send him the link that there might be more than just you needing to get a license.

Comment

Working...
                              X