Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I drive it or trailer it to Topeka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I drive it or trailer it to Topeka?

The Chevelle has 4.56 gears and an overdrive.

What say you?
    Hell yea! I don't care how hot it gets in that turd.
    31.58%
    Trailer it! Don't wanna see the Bamfster and Stewie with heat stroke.
    68.42%
    It'll probably blow up by the Kansas state line.
    0.00%
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

As per our conversation the other day and much thought.Drive it.I would leave some wiggle room on arrival time on getting here on Sat.With your CR and your timing timing you can tune along the way for the altitude change.You know your car better than us and if you break I'll come get you so no problem there.If you do break and we cant get it fixed in time you and Stewie can be my trunk monkies all week. LOL.Second thought maybe not as I can picture you two opening the trunk holding up signs saying"Ive been kidnapped","Driver is Drunk"etc.Note to self: Bungee chords to keep the trunk shut.LOL.

Comment

I know, I know
      After all my crap about Real Draily Drivers Drive to start
      Allen and i are trailing 56 to Start (if i get the 56 done in time)
      Just to far from Tully NY if i break and need a tow home
      Fiquire at least with truck and trailer in Topeka it wouldnt cost me another week of vacation time to get Home.
      But the 56 is a real driver doing 5100 miles on Power Tour this year, same combination up with suto in place of 5 sp.
      Hope to see everyone in Topeka
      bob

Comment

Trailer. Because after a week in the Mustang, I'm going to want to drive something with a/c and a cruise control!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I'll always trailer mine to Drag Week. It gives my pile of parts the best chance of completing Drag Week (and I can really enjoy the last day of racing).
          D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

I'm driving mine and I doubt the A/C will work by then and I'll probably blow something up =/
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It never hurts to have a plan B... or C or D ...Ya shit breaks

Comment

WOW!...more votes for trailering it so far. Hmmmmm .....

Just think of the fame in driving it across the boring, errr ... I mean great state of Kansas.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Theres no one between Limon and Salina to see ya so that would not bring fame only AAA.LOL

Comment

We drove our car from KC to Cordova, IL for Drag Week in 06 and 07. We also drove from KC to Bowling Green, KY for Drag Week in 08.
                    The drive to DW isnt bad because your excited to get there.
                    The drive home after, or on, the last day is pure hell!
                    We were soo sick of our car that I dont think we drove it for over a month after DW each year.
                    I would say trailer it, because it would be soo much better to have something nice and comfortable to ride home in. Instead of the car that you have been living in for the last week!
                    Last edited by SeanFling; July 30, 2011, 10:05 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is the way I always looked at it, what if you break on the road within 100 miles of the last track, you'd always question yourself would I have made it if I'd trailered it those 500 miles from home to the track?
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

my plan is to trailer mine to topeka, then have a buddy take truck and trailer back to tulsa. and when we get back to topeka he will meet us on the last day of racing..my thought is if i break down in great bend or amarillo it will be that much closer for someone to come get me...

Comment

Working...
                        X