No announcement yet.

Countdown to Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered the E85 carb, adding a Zex plate nitrous set. Carb guy thinks I should run a single plane but I am not sure I will switch right now. After I get the carb it's chassis dyno time. Millner if you ever want to go and don't have iron together I would be happy to have a copilot.

Comment

Shawn - what engine is in the fairlane now? I have several intakes - may have one that will work for you - you're welcome to borrow one for DW, I know for sure I have a clevo single plane, and FE single plane, but I don't think I have one for a W or peanut (302/289/260)
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It's a 331, looking for a victor jr. but not sure I want to change right now. Carb guy thinks I would gain 40-50hp. Not sure about that. Hood clearence is kinda tight and would be easier if I switch to a tear drop (tbolt) hood.

Comment

what carb guy? I hope you're using the guy with the Red camaro out of the Grand Rapids area that was active here for a while - I think his name is Eric?

Sorry - I don't have any victors - and I'm not sure I agree with him unless you have a monster of a cam, and monstrous heads that will carry this mill up into the 7500+rpm range. RPM air gap seems to be a great way to go. Not that you want to buy one now or change anything else now this close to DW.

Thanks for the invite - I may take you up on that next year if I can't get any of my junk "mission capable"
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I am using a guy in St. Paul, my motor is not that high rpm (shift around 6,700) afr 165 heads, 10:7:1 compretion, comp hydrolic roller .565/.574 lift duration @ .50 232/240. But don't know a victor would hurt as the converter flashes above 3,500. I think I will run what I have for now.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Too much stuff to do too little time!!! Aaaaaaaa!!!!
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I'm feeling pretty good now. Just the nice-ties left. Re-primer, new windshield, clean the car out. Minor tuning can be done on the way and at the track. The only major thing is the change the oil before I go.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Change the oil. I have that to do too, plus 100 other things. I think I am in the same boat with BBR.

That said it survived the chassis dyno session yesterday and we're putting on the new convertable top today (cause it'll rain if I don't) and then its onto brakes, suspension work, the rest of the front end, the hood scoop, finish the trailer, put the rest of the interior back in, the fuel tank....................................AAAAAAAAAA A!
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I believe I have officially boarded the great DW drama train. My distributor took a total crap at the chassis dyno so had to order another one which won't get here till Tuesday. I brought the car home so I can build the exhaust, redo part of the fuel system, fix the trans brake switch, and anything else that needs doin'. I'll trailer it back to the dyno Tues morning and when it leaves there it won't touch the road again until Topeka since we're supposed to leave Wed morning...no road testing, no track testing...yeeeeha - fingers crossed and still thrashing
                    Last edited by Dignlif; September 3, 2011, 11:11 AM.
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I've ordered a set of 42lb/hr injectors for my car (current ones are 32lb/hr) and they are scheduled to show up next Thursday, so I may be swapping them out on Sunday in Topeka. We'll see. The 32's seemed okay for what power I was making, but I think I have a decent chance of maxing them out with the current combo, at least at the current 43psi fuel pressure. Crank the fuel pressure up to 60 or 65 psi and maybe fudge the duty cycle up to 85% and it could possibly cover my possible fuel requirements with the 32lb/hrs. Of course in both cases hopefully I don't run out of fuel pump capacity!

Comment

Well I have pulled the plug on mine, I can't leave town with my son getting operated on Wed. no matter how many times he tells me too. I will go out for the Test and tune for Doc at KCIR and first day and hope I can bring him out for the last day when you guys get back.
                        I would have no issue getting the car ready just can’t leave my best friend when he needs me most.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Geez Jeff, sorry to hear that you have to bail, I was looking forward to seeing some wheelies You made the right decision though; gotta support your son.

I just have to finish wiring the car, start it, drive it, shake it down on the road, get the front end aligned, make a hood scoop/covering, buff the paint and add the side stripe, install a new wiper motor, hope my new 15X10 Centerlines make it to my place before the end of this week, so I can mount and balance the new slicks on them. Plus a bunch of other stuff. AAAAAAuuuuuuuggghhhh....

Comment

That sucks Jeff! Really sorry to hear that.
                            At least you can come and hang out for a few days.
                            Hope everything goes ok.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeanFling View Post
                              That sucks Jeff! Really sorry to hear that.
                              At least you can come and hang out for a few days.
                              Hope everything goes ok.
                              x2. You're making the right call though.

Comment

I also hope
                                everything goes OK for your son.

bob
                                Last edited by 1956NY150; September 4, 2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X