devistating news from HOTROD .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffmckc View Post
    we will miss you rob. Let us know where you land!

Good times! Pump gas drags ( let me know if this needs to vanish rob)

next up devorce,...

Comment

Ummmm Rob got divorced years ago.

I was there that night. Good times INDEED!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Maybe Rob could write a BS Blog post to keep his skills up..
        Last edited by nesabo; August 13, 2011, 05:54 AM.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

most people see the writing on the wall before the hammer drops and have feelers out..
          I'm sure he'll bounce right back...

Comment

This really sucks. I'll miss you Robb.

Comment

kinda makes you wonder, courtney halowell at the time of his passing was editor of muscle car power magazine leaving a vacant seat, and rob leaving hot rod, maybe rob is already heading to another publication - im just guesstimating
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Does suck,I just read RK's latest piece yesterday and it sounded so upbeat...of course it was probably written 2 months ago too.
                I just re-upped for 2 more years as well and I totally enjoy the magazine,will be interesting to see which direction it takes.

Comment

Terrible. They are gonna miss him.
                  Did he puke in the back of the Chevy Traverse he was talking about in the latest HR? Looked like he was going to in the picture.

Comment

That is really, really disappointing. Just saw this thread, after being out of town for a few days. When I got back there was the new Hot Rod, and I read DF's editorial about adding staff and the new management "getting it"; sounded really promising for the magazine. Then I jumped on here and saw this thread. I'll bet DF wishes he could retract that editorial.

Rob is a great guy and I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere, but he was an irreplaceable part of Drag Week, and the event will surely not be the same without him. When I went in 2008 and 2009 and DF was not present, it seemed like there was something missing. I was looking forward to the event being whole again this year, but with Rob gone it just won't seem the same - again.

Rob, wherever you are I hope you can put this behind you in a hurry and get back in the business somewhere. I will miss your contributions to the magazine and especially Drag Week, and am looking forward to reading your future articles wherever they may be.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
                      That is really, really disappointing. Just saw this thread, after being out of town for a few days. When I got back there was the new Hot Rod, and I read DF's editorial about adding staff and the new management "getting it"; sounded really promising for the magazine. Then I jumped on here and saw this thread. I'll bet DF wishes he could retract that editorial.
                      I read that too and thought the same things.....

But then again we don't know what the whole story is. I hope its not as lame as just the bean counters trimming the budget....

Comment

Working...
                      X