Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..:: The Supra-Stang, heading to DragWeek....2Jz No SH*t!::.. (Will it make it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..:: The Supra-Stang, heading to DragWeek....2Jz No SH*t!::.. (Will it make it?)

*** UPDATED ON THE LAST POST I MADE 05.13.15***

So these pics are as of 8-31-11......

Ok, so I just "had" to throw the Fast and Furious 2ZJ comment in there....

But its getting down to the wire, and still a LOT of work to go. But my "SupraStang" as of last night, she did move under her own power, around the block.

Things to finish (while working a day job, and tuning cars at night)
    - Power Steering Lines
    - AC lines
    - Wire up the trans (not just thrown together)
    - Mount the ECU, and check over and over and over everything
    - Tune, Tune, Tune.

Things added this go around:

- Built Trans
    - Full WICKED Aeromotive Fuel System
    - 160lb injectors, to feed her the corn (E85)
    - AEM ECU (was factory before)
    - Racecraft K-member
    - HR Springs, and Coil-over conversion.
    - Cage by CNA Performance
    - Trailer Hitch.... yes, a trailer hitch.

Things to be added after drag week:

- Cams
    - Bigger Turbo
    - ProEFI with traction control

Anyways, here are some bad cell phone pics for now. Better ones will come later, as will the "GoPRO" videos

Can NOT wait to meet everyone!, I am just lucky I live in Kansas so I don't have much of a drive.
    EA

Its first wheelie... lol

New reg and lines, and rail..... (no more stock stuff)

Night time, is the right time....

Trans in and done.

Nothing like taking 72lbs off the front end of the car.... (making new motor mounts)

New intank A1000

Last edited by TheSVTKid; May 13, 2015, 12:42 PM.

Rock and Roll..Nice looking transplant.
    I'm still learning

Comment

So I got the car done..... did some testing the nights before Dragweek......

BROKE the 2nd gear in the trans on the way to the track. Boooooo

At least I had fun in my "back up car"....which was the giant white 1964 caddy.

Comment

Heritic! Hope to see it next year! That's caddy was awesome. I had a '72 Buick Centurion as the backup car.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bummer about breaking...but now you have a whole year to sort out the mustang. Put a stronger trans in it, and drive it around and see what else breaks. Go racing at some out of town strips, often enough that you can drive it home every time. Should be a really fun car!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            Bummer about breaking...but now you have a whole year to sort out the mustang. Put a stronger trans in it, and drive it around and see what else breaks. Go racing at some out of town strips, often enough that you can drive it home every time. Should be a really fun car!
            Ya, this was a built toyota trans said to be good for 750-1000hp. Well, I don't know what it makes, but she does make 35psi of boost, so I would say it was at least 700 to the tires. (which is enough to cause issues)

This time I am going to go with what I should have in the first place. Turbo400, with a transbrake and a 5,000 stall.
            Now that I got all winter, I have time to do the things I wanted to in the first place. Put her on more of a diet, install the fuel pump speed controller, maybe some cams, etc.

But for now, her and the caddy are just going to sit in the garage, until I have the time/energy/motivation to touch them again. LOL.

Comment

I'm not making quite that much power with my 55 (about 700 at the flywheel), but I don't have all that fancy stuff in my th400, just a shift kit, good clutches and sprag, and a switch pitch converter. I like having full automatic shifting, as well as working accumulators, etc. makes for nice long drives.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I'm not making quite that much power with my 55 (about 700 at the flywheel), but I don't have all that fancy stuff in my th400, just a shift kit, good clutches and sprag, and a switch pitch converter. I like having full automatic shifting, as well as working accumulators, etc. makes for nice long drives.
                I figured I wouldn't have to go to crazy with the T400 build, since the car doesn't make much TQ. But, if its gonna get it, I might as well do it right..... Timmy raised the bar pretty high for small block power adder. Once I get the suprastang back up and running, I am gonna have to stop by his shop, for the "diet plan" to the nose of my car. That toyota motor is HEAVY with its iron block.

FYI: I absolutely loved watching your car this past week! Well all of them for that matter, however it was nice to see all the variations of the 55-57 cars out there. Each so different and cool.

Comment

The variety of cars is amazing...LS powered pintos and corvairs, really fast NA small blocks, etc.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Needless to say, I am late to getting back to this thread......

The car "almost made it" however the thermostat stuck on the motor the night before during highway "testing" and pretty much wiped out the motor. Still down on compression in almost every hole, she was still fast, and almost made it to Topeka.

However I did the "wise" thing, and turned around, and took my 1964 Caddy instead.

Thanks all for the support, and thanks for being so kind to my co-pilot and I on our first DragWeek outing.
                    I promise that the "rebuild" phase for the SupraStang is already in process, and it will be BIGGER and BETTER for next year.

I want the "Fastest 6 Cly" award.

Comment

Saw the Caddy Sat at KCIR.306 days I think til DragWeek.

Comment

The caddy was awesome! I think I ran against you in Topeka. My Dad was watching the live video stream and he said to me, "Nice going son, that was a family of five in that Cadillac just looking for the highway." LOL
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The SupraStang is bad ass.... I like...
                          sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                            Saw the Caddy Sat at KCIR.306 days I think til DragWeek.
                            Yup, I took it to KCIR on Sat.... and then ran it on Sunday. I though I had my fuel starvation problem licked with her, but I guess not. She is still only happy when she runs on the 2 barrels. Maybe over winter I will get motivated and finally go though the carb, and replace the fuel pump. But since she runs perfect (other then floored) I doubt I will mess with it.

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            The caddy was awesome! I think I ran against you in Topeka. My Dad was watching the live video stream and he said to me, "Nice going son, that was a family of five in that Cadillac just looking for the highway." LOL
                            Yes, thats funny. My father always makes some wise comment like that when I tell him I am taking it down the track. LOL.
                            I just enjoy that I can take it out night after night to dinner, or the bars... and in the last two years, and 15,000 miles she has never let me down.

Originally posted by DusterDj View Post
                            The SupraStang is bad ass.... I like...
                            Thanks... the adapter plate for the T400 trans should be here today, so I am getting more excited by the day.

However, I came across a 1969 Mustang that I don't think I can live without, so I might be a little distracted if I make that purchase.

EA

Comment

The caddy is a beautiful car. Wish we could have seen the Stang though. It was also nice to hang out with you in the pits at HPT after the T&T the first night. I liked the picture with Docs Mom in the Caddy.
                              Team Clueless
                              1st Place SB/NA DW12
                              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X