Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadmanMark
    replied
    Me: Damn I want to do Drag Week, but I just don't know what to do with you.
    Noisy: I can tell (that you don't know what to do). Just do it.
    Me: You need a roll bar for me to have fun and we still have little kids riding in the back
    Noisy: Quit being a wuss - they'll love climbing around on the bars
    Me: It's easier for me to con my brother into caging his ride, he has no kids and can afford the fixes
    Noisy: Wuss. You should con him to do it AND bring me to race him
    Me: Good idea, maybe if you don't break down on me during my next couple track visits, I'll think about it
    Noisy: I wouldn't be breaking down if you'd keep that shiny crap off me!

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied
    my talk with my cars

the blue olds, where did u and cella go monday
    me, day one of drag week, but just to watch
    blue, I see you drove the G6 to topeka
    me, ya gas mileage, can run 80 easy
    blue, did spidergears man make fun of you for driving a "mommy car"
    me, no he wasnt there
    blue, you need to quit being a wuss and drive me some more, maybe drag week next year
    me, your not ready
    blue, you got a year, save a few bucks and get ready!
    me, that would be cool!!! Ill see what happens

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    We are not enablers.Just looking out for you Phil.Dont want you ro be a quitter. LOL.Its about hanging out and making the week.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    OK, it's really comforting to know that some of you guys have conversations with your cars also, I was really beginning to worry about myself, WHEW!

Eddie - As for the weight question, it's been a couple of years and I don't honestly remember but it's heavy for no more then what's there, around 2,700 without a driver I believe.

Dustin - Turn Key sort of but it would take a lot to make it competitve in Unlimited plus with the added horsepower it would require a new transmission setup, I don't think the TCI 400 would last.

Bill - Yep, you're right, I know I'd have to go the Twin Turbo route, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Paul - I know it's never too early to start but right now it's just a bunch of ideas floating around in my head.

Jeff - Thanks, I can still remember how much fun DW was but I don't want to bring a knife to a gunfight.

Pro Charged - Purple I is in the trailer and doesn't know anything about it yet.

Randal - 20 mph is still a lot when you're old enough to be in a Senior Living Facility.

Scott - We've already talked!

Me - The car is truly a pig for what's there but that can all be fixed at a price. I'm thinking with money being one of the issues if I attached a Solar panel on the roof for charging the battery maybe it would qualify for part of the Stimulus package?

Has anybody ever told you guys you're a bunch of Enablers!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I'm going to Elko tomorrow. Thinking of taking the car by the Machine Shop that did the work since I'm going to a party literally down the street from it. I'll probably go to So. Cal. some point in October. Unfortunately the California Speedway test n' tune night falls on the weekend I work.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    funny Randal....I was thinking of going to California next week!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Me: Good job on making the trip.
    Car: When we going to California??
    Me:
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 22, 2011, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Mines so mad its not talking! $2.00 Hooker is mad she did not get rode hard, and put away wet
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 22, 2011, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    Me:The Past two years have been fun, but you are slow. I have to get the mustang road worthy
    Cougar:I maybe slow, but I have AC, a stereo and cruise. The mustang does not have any of that.
    Me: I will put a stereo in it, most of the fast cars dont have AC or Cruise either.
    Cougar:Hope you sweat your ass off.....

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    me: Thanks for making it all the way home

55: That GV overdrive sure would make it more comfy next year....why don't you sell some of these project cars and get it for me?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Me: Hey we're doing Drag Week this year!

Mustang: Wha? How many miles?

Me: 1200.

Mustang: F you, I'm staying right here in Topeka.

Me: Kilyosef!

Mustang: I'm trying.

STINEY the Cadillac powered Mustang MUST DO DRAG WEEK!!!!!!
    Last edited by BBR; September 22, 2011, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Considering it as well. I'll just be happy if my junk stays together for the week, could care less what it may run. Well, okay, I'm curious but.....

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Phil - I'm contemplating going on drag week next year with a POS truck put together from left over cheap used parts, with a couple cheap new parts sprinkled in, that's currently three, maybe five different colors - plus surface rust.

Who really gives a rats patoot what your car runs if you have a blast doing it?

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    65 mph X a 4.88 gear Zoom Zoom

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Hmmmmm.............You mean this Doc???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X