No announcement yet.

only 358 shopping days until drag week 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude! I'm gonna drill a big hole thru both of them and wire them together with a coat hanger!

Jason was one of the guys searching the shoulder of some lonely highway in OK or KS or TX or something, looking for my missing nut. It came off all of a sudden, with the front air cleaner lid, and I watched in the mirror as the nut bounced on the highway in front of Mike's 53 Ford, fortunately it bounced off the highway before could run to it. I found the lid and nut, by getting on the "down sun" side of them and looking for shiny.

Only on DW can you get 5 guys looking thru the tall grass for your missing nut....
    Attached Files
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

LOL
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That 34 is chock'd full of bad assery. Glad to hear you made the trip back fine!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          LOL
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

If your missing a nut Ive got one you can buy! I just need one

Comment

I went out last night in the purplecobra for the first time since DW and as I was backing out of the driveway the clutch cable snapped! Just glad it did not happen on DW. The car has forgiven me for letting it sit for 2 years then flogging it for 1300 plus miles. Maybe next year it will be a bit faster.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

A properly configured radiator and an AFR set-up I can actually data log and some actual road time before loading on the trailer. 500 feet wasn't enough to show me it wouldn't cool on a long stretch of highway, even with a cool wind in what's left of my hair.

Don't make big changes to the tune just becuase I discovered that the Inlet air temp sensor wasn't connected and the ECU thought it was -40 degrees outside when we put it on the chassis dyno the day before loading up for the trip. This is how you lose seven MPH from one day to the next. Don't take out 150# from the back half of the car and expect it to hook like it did the day before. This is how you lose 3-5 tenths in the 60 ft times.

Don't arrive at the test n tune having had 10 hours sleep total over the previous week. This is how you make dumb ass decisons and go from 9.70 @ 141 to 10.38 @ 134

Paint the fugly hood

Build new car that doesn't weigh 3800# before I get into it.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill you cant tell me that 9 was not a cool and fun ride
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Need to finish the Mustang for 2012, just need to get some time and do it. Then start building the Fairlane for 2013, I think SB NA modified is in it's future.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      Bill you cant tell me that 9 was not a cool and fun ride
                      That was the best and worst part. I ran 9.71 @ 141.3 and then backed it up an hour later with a 9.70 @ 140.9 both on Sunday at Topeka after the shake down passes at KCIR. Best 60 ft's, ET's and MPH ever for that car.

Then we commenced to tuning.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post

Then we commenced to tuning.
                        that just made me laugh loud enough that my wife came from another room and asked what I was laughing at. That car definitely motivates, wish I had those cubes with even 3/4 the cam...very cool setup.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Tuning is highly over rated....
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

I've discoverd by reviewing the data logs that the restalled converter was a tad aggressive. The footbraked stall speed at launch was somewhere between 6000-6500 and the shift recovery point averaged 7000 on the three good passes off a 7500 shift point. So out comes the tranny again. Edge will re-stall it for free as they guarantee a certain range and we missed by a 1000 rpm.

Thank goodness for the velcro tarnsmission mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                              I've discoverd by reviewing the data logs that the restalled converter was a tad aggressive. The footbraked stall speed at launch was somewhere between 6000-6500 and the shift recovery point averaged 7000 on the three good passes off a 7500 shift point. So out comes the tranny again. Edge will re-stall it for free as they guarantee a certain range and we missed by a 1000 rpm.

Thank goodness for the velcro tarnsmission mounts.
                              Funny how that works, isn't it? Thrash all summer to get the car ready, stab in the engine and/or trans days before the event, and then right afterwards out it comes again! You're not the only one, Bill...

Comment

I'm thinking that if you build a car for drag week 201x, you might be able to do well if you just stay home that year, and spend the next year driving it and racing it constantly...you might be able to do well at DW 201x+1 or 201x+2
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X