No announcement yet.

only 358 shopping days until drag week 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont feel too bad Bill, i wound up on the trailer monday too. passenger side cooling fan was running backwards. the wiring was good, but unfortunately the brushes inside the fan motor had gotten moved 90 degrees from their original positions.........i wonder how that happened &l

Comment

I am thinking of driving Diesel Geek, Doc and Jake crazy, and waiting till next August to get my alignment done and mount 3 relays
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Adding the obviously needed Anti-Roll Bar (ARB) to the just installed, "not tested 'til this pass" 4-Link.....
        Last edited by ProCharged509; September 30, 2011, 01:44 PM.
        D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

It loks bitchen to me.

Reminds me that I need to get mine aligned.

Jeff said it looked like I was trying to plow the north forty with my front tires.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

That is one badass Blazer - smokin'
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              That is one badass Blazer - smokin'
              x 2 I love that tire hangin' thing with it's A/C and power windows to boot
              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Now dont take this wrong because its cool but when I see it, I think man I would take some anti squat out of that and tighten the shock ext. also maybe add some air to the rear tires. Its cool still but we all see diferent things.

Bill yours is just flat out scaryyyyyy

Comment

not too bad for a 4l80..... ;)
                  Last edited by biginch; October 2, 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Power Adder LOL low stall plenty of TQ in other words it has nothing in common with yours ,,,,,, LOL

Comment

mines only stalling to around 34-3500 flashes to 4500. motor dont really start making power till around 5000, NA that is....... =)

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        ....I would take some anti squat out of that and tighten the shock ext. also maybe add some air to the rear tires....
                        I agree with your observations of Monday's first launch, Jeff.
                        I adjusted on it through the week but it did not get better.
                        Here's Kyle's passenger's side photo from Friday's only attempt (even with six flats of peload, stiffer shock settings, higher air pressure & longer/lower IC changes during the week):

Then, yesterday, while taking measurements for the new ARB install, I found the 'ole Dana 60 had spun the passenger side axle tube in the housing. At least the left side of the 4-Link was carrying torque....

My Drag Week 2012 "to do" list just got longer....
                        D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Seen that before it, wont hold the preload you stick in and will make you cratch your head for sure. You going to weld the tubes? Doc Macs old 52 we air arced out the tubes and put lighter ones in. Very cool ride

Comment

Tubes were welded. It broke the six factory rosette welds and my tube to housing TIG weld.

Comment

Did you use a high nickel welding wire? Just asking thats what we did when welding to cast.

Comment

Well Jeff,I finally went and did it. Dropped ~$800 on a Mcleod SFI bellhousing and new clutch set. I've got roughly 40,000 miles on the current clutch disc, and though it doesn't look too worn I did have my concerns about it with the Drag Radials on. Should show up some time this month, the lead time has dropped quite a bit since I last looked in June.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X