X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only 358 shopping days until drag week 2012

whats on your list?
    more power.blower....
    a way to change gear ratios without dropping the 3rd member at every damn track,it turns out gear lube & yogurt make a good morning snack..
    better window seals and some insulation..it sounds like i have 2000 crickets in my head
    some skinny front runners
    fix the fuel gauge...again
    may have to get a trailer,,,loading the car everytime sucked..i think i killed my rear springs ..its got the gangster len

HEAD GASKETS!!!!!! lol

With the car already nose up, it made it look like your rack was super freakin heavy!
    Last edited by BBR; September 18, 2011, 09:26 AM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Job so I can afford to go...

Axle bearings
      Rear slicks/rims
      Transmission upgrade (either m/t or TCI auto)
      muffler-delete rear pipes
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Get the GearVendors in,overhaul the 4 spd and VALVE SEALS.I owe a few of our group detail jobs on their cars as I smoked them out abit.I was on a mosquito killing mission.LOL.

Comment

Get the Mustang road worthy. Had a little fairy* offer to help me get it ready for nitrous....

*<just seeing if Daphne's Husband reads this thread>
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            HEAD GASKETS!!!!!! lol

With the car already nose up, it made it look like your rack was super freakin heavy!
            i thought the same thing...it wasnt that heavy but i think between the weight and the racing it hurt the springs.. their only 58 years old...

Comment

alot on my list. install the gear vendors, new tranny pan, tear apart the motor and redo it once again due to shitty previous work that i had done a week before leaving for drag week 2011. i went through a quart of oil every 100 miles.. fill my oil check my gas haha.

a new rear end is also in the works with driveshaft etc.

alot to do and not alot of time but ill make it! Had a blast this year
              Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Already started with a stop at Summit on the drive home for a few things. Now that the new motor/ trans are broken in, I need to get the combo to run right. It was missing pretty much the whole time after the first exhaust slamming incident. Bigger trans cooler to try and get it under 250 . I now also need to fix the rear coilover that blew out it's guts sitting on the trailer driving 1800 miles home.

Can't wait!!!
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                  Already started with a stop at Summit on the drive home for a few things. Now that the new motor/ trans are broken in, I need to get the combo to run right. It was missing pretty much the whole time after the first exhaust slamming incident. Bigger trans cooler to try and get it under 250 . I now also need to fix the rear coilover that blew out it's guts sitting on the trailer driving 1800 miles home.

Can't wait!!!
                  Not to be Captain Obvious, but tie it down from the frame and the shocks will Love you for it, ( if it was not already)
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

That GV unit looks pretty sweet after driving 3700 miles over the past ten days at 65 mph and almost 3000 rpm....I read the brochure this morning, neat stuff.

I'm also looking at replacing some parts with aluminum to try to get the weight down. 3750 plus me is a lot of iron to haul down the strip.
                    Last edited by squirrel; September 19, 2011, 02:48 PM.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      Not to be Captain Obvious, but tie it down from the frame and the shocks will Love you for it, ( if it was not already)
                      I could use some advice on this point actually. I see all the big rig car haulers now tie down just the wheels, nolonger the frames. I have tie points on the front frame rails that I hook to and then I have tie points on the rear end. Should I instead make myself a couple loops on the rear frame rails as well to further compress/ control the rear suspension? Here are some pix. The front chains are a fixed length so the car is always in the same place on the trailer. The rears are just crossed off the rear end.

Rich

Comment

Hook to the frame front and back and cross both sets or have the front go out at a angle or it can move side to side. You dont have to compress it much but if you hook to the rear end the car will bounce the whole way killing the shocks

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I'll get to work on adding a few attaching points out back so I can still cross the straps. I'll also take a look at the front and see what I can do about bringing those cups in the trailer forward a bit. I'm thinking of adding 4 pieces of e-track to the floor of the trailer forward and aft so that would give me more flexibility. Rich
                          Rich

Comment

Yeah I learned to cross them all, we wrecked a car in the trailer once as it slid to the side and got into the wheel box on a long drive. also should be in Neutral si it does not kill the trans banging on it

Comment

Hey Jim, you might want to add some self locking air cleaner nuts to your list. (I'll let him tell the story) Got home Sun. night with no problems (4,000 miles round trip). But best of all was meeting some great new friends. I'd leave tomarrow to do it all over again, can't wait untill next year.

Jason
                              Last edited by prostreet34; September 21, 2011, 05:51 PM.
                              2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                              2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                              all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Working...
                              X