Had a Blast at drag week 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a Blast at drag week 2011

Just wanted to say that for my first ever Drag week it was amazing.

despite some minor problems. i completed my first week and am looking forward to improving the car and coming back for more.

i couldnt beleive how nice everyone was.
    From the guy in the wagon that gave me some fuel line wrap when my car was over heating, and guys that stopped to make sure everythign was good when you were stopped on the side of the road to the guy that gave me a pizza for no reason while i was sitting off on the side at the hotel and guys in the group i was traveling with to pull over when i had to stop to fill up with oil. ( i was losing/ burning a quart of oil every 80-90 miles)

I dont talk alot in person and for people just to come up and start a conversation about your car, and just to help out a stranger or be so nice to give you something is amazing.

i know im young and have alot to learn but i hope to be able to return the favor in the years to come.

Now onto the thrash for Dragweek 2012
    Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Amen. My first too and hope to be at the next one.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

it was my first as well..i had a great time..

Comment

First time for me too! Incredible event. Very well organized and run. It's like a week-long racing/car show/bench racing session. Borderline sensory overload!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

You guys all suck.lol Mainly because my car is still not done but this all helps keep it up lol.

Comment

Glad the New Guys liked it, Speak up every one is a equal on Drag Week and Everyone comes back with a Story than needs shared thats what makes it great
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

From the Dragstrip side. SRCA had a blast doing this. SRCA Board of Directors would like to thank Hot Rod for letting SRCA be a part of 2011 Dragweek and look for to a possible return in the future. Thanks to all the Racers and Spectators for making this a huge success for SRCA and Great Bend, KS.

Michael Carlson

Comment

It was a blast to be where it all started years ago.I think there were more spectators at the tracks this year than there were combined at the other DW years.Alot of people played Hooky from work.LOL

Comment

1971Dart, Is R. C. Williams still at SRCA? We matched raced there a few years ago. We were doing some sight seeing and dropped the trailer off and R. C. put it in a building for safe keeping. Had a great time racing at the original U S Nationals sight.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                    It was a blast to be where it all started years ago.I think there were more spectators at the tracks this year than there were combined at the other DW years.Alot of people played Hooky from work.LOL
                    I couldn't believe the crowd at each track. For a morning on a weekday I was very impressed, at EVERY track!

Comment

Yes the crowds were great this year. Just wish they would separate the DW participants and there stuff away from the spectators cars. I would hate for someone to lose tools/clothes/etc because some spectator walked off with it. Sorry to be a downer on this. I love DW will hopefully be there next year.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                        Yes the crowds were great this year. Just wish they would separate the DW participants and there stuff away from the spectators cars. I would hate for someone to lose tools/clothes/etc because some spectator walked off with it. Sorry to be a downer on this. I love DW will hopefully be there next year.
                        Yes and no. Part of the cool part about drag racing is the spectator's being able to get up close to the cars. At least to me. The few times I actually rolled the window's up and locked the doors were because my laptop was sitting there plugged in and I was walking away from the car. My work laptop was buried in the pile of junk on the ground that I packed along with me though, LOL.

Comment

i was pretty worried aboutn my stuff at amarillo.a car about ran over it... then 2 gys stood over our stuff and talked on the phone .they kept looking at the stuff then looking around... my buddy was watching them...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            Yes and no. Part of the cool part about drag racing is the spectator's being able to get up close to the cars. At least to me. The few times I actually rolled the window's up and locked the doors were because my laptop was sitting there plugged in and I was walking away from the car. My work laptop was buried in the pile of junk on the ground that I packed along with me though, LOL.
                            I dont mind the people being there, it just that when they park in the middle of the participants it gets a little hairy. Amarillo was the worse, the others strips kept the non DW cars away.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Great to meet so many people from the Forum, looking forward to 2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X