• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DusterDj
    replied
    Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    Keith..............keep working....please call when u head north
    Tonya thanks agisn for all the work u guys do.
    Life is Good
    made it home from DW OK.
    56 ran fine
    missed a little of the party because we didnt always stay near everyone
    I will not Trailer 56 to start again, trailing sucked

Rain out on friday Bracket Race only makes it necessary to come back next year
    and time for a little rebuild

bob
    Yep,

That's me and I'm a fan. Can't wait for 2012 DW....

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
    Tonya and I both had a great time.... thanks to all of you for being there
    The look on your's and Tonya's face when I walked into the tech area was priceless. It was a "What the hell are you doing here" immediately followed by "THAT's FANTASIC" look

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    Keith..............keep working....please call when u head north
    Tonya thanks agisn for all the work u guys do.
    Life is Good
    made it home from DW OK.
    56 ran fine
    missed a little of the party because we didnt always stay near everyone
    I will not Trailer 56 to start again, trailing sucked

Rain out on friday Bracket Race only makes it necessary to come back next year
    and time for a little rebuild

bob
    Last edited by 1956NY150; September 26, 2011, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GH
    replied
    Keith and Tonya, it was great seeing you two again.

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied
    Tonya and I both had a great time.... thanks to all of you for being there

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
    Great to meet so many people from the Forum, looking forward to 2012.
    It was good to see you again Shawn to cruise together and hang out at the hotel. See you next year.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Anderson
    replied
    Great to meet so many people from the Forum, looking forward to 2012.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Yes and no. Part of the cool part about drag racing is the spectator's being able to get up close to the cars. At least to me. The few times I actually rolled the window's up and locked the doors were because my laptop was sitting there plugged in and I was walking away from the car. My work laptop was buried in the pile of junk on the ground that I packed along with me though, LOL.
    I dont mind the people being there, it just that when they park in the middle of the participants it gets a little hairy. Amarillo was the worse, the others strips kept the non DW cars away.

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    i was pretty worried aboutn my stuff at amarillo.a car about ran over it... then 2 gys stood over our stuff and talked on the phone .they kept looking at the stuff then looking around... my buddy was watching them...

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    Yes the crowds were great this year. Just wish they would separate the DW participants and there stuff away from the spectators cars. I would hate for someone to lose tools/clothes/etc because some spectator walked off with it. Sorry to be a downer on this. I love DW will hopefully be there next year.
    Yes and no. Part of the cool part about drag racing is the spectator's being able to get up close to the cars. At least to me. The few times I actually rolled the window's up and locked the doors were because my laptop was sitting there plugged in and I was walking away from the car. My work laptop was buried in the pile of junk on the ground that I packed along with me though, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    Yes the crowds were great this year. Just wish they would separate the DW participants and there stuff away from the spectators cars. I would hate for someone to lose tools/clothes/etc because some spectator walked off with it. Sorry to be a downer on this. I love DW will hopefully be there next year.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
    It was a blast to be where it all started years ago.I think there were more spectators at the tracks this year than there were combined at the other DW years.Alot of people played Hooky from work.LOL
    I couldn't believe the crowd at each track. For a morning on a weekday I was very impressed, at EVERY track!

Leave a comment:

• GH
    replied
    1971Dart, Is R. C. Williams still at SRCA? We matched raced there a few years ago. We were doing some sight seeing and dropped the trailer off and R. C. put it in a building for safe keeping. Had a great time racing at the original U S Nationals sight.

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    It was a blast to be where it all started years ago.I think there were more spectators at the tracks this year than there were combined at the other DW years.Alot of people played Hooky from work.LOL

Leave a comment:

• 1971dart
    replied
    From the Dragstrip side. SRCA had a blast doing this. SRCA Board of Directors would like to thank Hot Rod for letting SRCA be a part of 2011 Dragweek and look for to a possible return in the future. Thanks to all the Racers and Spectators for making this a huge success for SRCA and Great Bend, KS.

Michael Carlson

Leave a comment:

Working...
X