Rules 2012-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    with a 11.25 tire limit there's not anything to gain.
    true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
      I saw that done on a '68 Dart being set up for SS/AH. Looks nice when it's done and the cage hides some of the dimension change.
      We should start a Chassis thread, but no one seems iterested in the dirty side of the car. Someone once,,, not saying who cut the frame off each side and welding it on the other side making it so curved in instead of out, they where all over the car and could not figure it out (not HotRod) all factory welds it was classic. like the hole in a header to slide a wire down to hold the exhaust valve open so they dont pump right, which cylinder do you want to check, here let me bump it over to take the rockers off. ( I would not do this,,,, at a Hot Rod event) LOL
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 30, 2011, 06:59 AM.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

As to the tire restriction I said as much on the HRM site. And, I'd like to see a suspensin thread, more to be gained there than by a carb swap or some such.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'd love to see chassis tech .... more specifically, creative ways to improve factory stuff without being obvious. My problem is that I'm not well versed enough to have an opinion.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

^^^ bet you would.Need a non tweaked chassis to start.LOL.At least you noticed.BTW you had carb problems before you got gas here. Jean said so.

Comment

Kansas gives me bad gas too

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                ^^^ bet you would.Need a non tweaked chassis to start.LOL.At least you noticed.BTW you had carb problems before you got gas here. Jean said so.

Not when I put it on the trailer that Friday night ... it was a touch high, but didn't have to throw it in neutral to keep it running at a stop. But then again, anything is possible .... just wanted to make sure everyone that got gas with us knew, just in case.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  I think I've heard of a Brian Rock rule too
                  That may have been after DW '05. The cubic inch cutoff from SB to BB used to be at like 423. My nitroused 427" Pontiac had to compete with Carl Scott, Phil Cooper, and Larry Larson in the old BB/PA class. The following year the CI bump was pushed to 431".
                  As I was the only guy affected by that rule change from '05, I always felt that it was done on my behalf.
                  I think I still owe David a Corona for that one!

Comment

still not sure why the no 4 link or ladder bars in modified, really eliminates a bunch of cars, bumping into limited is going to be a slaughter for me. There is no way I can change the cert of my car and still try to drive it on the street as much as I do. Funny car cage in that small cockpit just will not get it. If street race is going to be limited to 8.50, why not just open it up to more cars. No electronics or throttle stops so driver has to figure track out in one or two passes. Hate to think about not coming, but with the rules the way they are I will probably have to pass.
                    DocFox

Comment

If you like the rules for 2012 2014 you don't need to read this, my opinion is, i think they fell and banged their head, they need to listen to the racers. Under the proposed rules many cars will be forced to run limited, where they don't belong. My take on what the rules should be.
                      UNLIMITED: Same rules as always.
                      PROSTREET: Same rules as always.
                      MODIFIED: Same rules as prostreet except on small tire 11.25 or less, there is a ton of small tired ladder bar or 4 link cars out there, they need to regonize this, these cars should not be in limited.
                      STREET RACE: Same rules as 2011 with the exception of no funny car style cage, this will limit cars to 8.50 which is something i think they want to do.
                      MATCH BASH: Same current rules.
                      NEW CLASSES
                      SUPER STREET: Same rules as street race other than the use of coil over conversions, funny car cages, 2 classes, power adder, naturally aspirated.
                      LIMITED: This class is for cars that fit between modified and unlimited, 11.25 tires, nonstock front frame rails with coil over conversion, basically mini unlimited. 2 classes power adder, naturally aspirated. My 2 cents, please post any comments good or bad

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/70/8853652/...#ixzz1a0mEQ0If
                      Last edited by Neverlift; October 6, 2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

To a man the biggest coplaint I have heard is the must use a mass produced part in the Classes. I can see it in the front and think its a good idea in Street Race front and back. This would keep the purpose built cars down in Street Race and it would be a entry level Class.

Comment

So - Jeff - are you going to start a "chassis 101" thread?

I'm ready to learn....

as far as off the shelf parts - does that mean if I build my own copy of caltracs bars - that I'd be put into a modified class instead of street or daily driver?
                          Last edited by milner351; October 6, 2011, 01:02 PM.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

no body seemed worried about my fabbed slapper bars
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              So - Jeff - are you going to start a "chassis 101" thread?

I'm ready to learn....

as far as off the shelf parts - does that mean if I build my own copy of caltracs bars - that I'd be put into a modified class instead of street or daily driver?

MODIFIED CATEGORY
                              Modified is for small-tire cars with bolt-on—style suspensions; this class offers fewer restrictions than Street Race. The vehicle must have modifications that prevents it from running in Street Race.
                              BODY
                              •Must use an all-steel OE body and doors. OE Corvette bodies are allowed.
                              •Must use stock steel floors from the firewall to the wheel tubs.
                              •Body must maintain the OE profile (no top chopping, and so on). Hood scoops and deck spoilers are allowed.
                              •Windows must appear stock and use stock moldings.
                              •One-piece front clips are prohibited.
                              INTERIOR
                              •May not have driver setback past the stock location.
                              CHASSIS
                              •Engine may not be set back past the stock firewall location. (Firewall may be smoothed and may be notched for distributor and valve cover clearance.)
                              FRONT SUSPENSION
                              •The front suspension may use aftermarket components, but they must be commonly available from a recognized manufacturer, and they must bolt in place on the stock frame. Minor welding as instructed by the parts manufacturer is allowed.
                              •Aftermarket front clip kits that replace the stock framerails forward of the firewall are allowed, but they must be commonly available from a recognized manufacturer and they must be designed to bolt in place on the stock frame or unibody.
                              REAR SUSPENSION
                              •The rear suspension must retain the stock concept: OE leaf-spring cars must use leaf springs, OE triangulated four-link cars must use triangulated four-links, OE torque-arm cars must use torque arms, and so on.
                              The rear suspension may use aftermarket components, but they must be commonly available from a recognized manufacturer, and they must bolt in place on the stock frame in the original pickup points. Minor welding as instructed by the parts manufacturer is allowed.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/2011/...#ixzz1a2Ftgujg
                              Last edited by JeffMcKC; October 6, 2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

My rear suspension is from a company that went out of buisness. South Side Machine, oh well My junk isn't fast enough to win anyways. Daily Driver here I come.
                                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Working...
                                X