Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
    "
    "•Panhard bars may only be used on cars factory equipped with panhard bars and must be located in the stock brackets.
    anyone with a stock panhard bar, and a lowered or raised, and uses stock mounts, the rear isn't xentered..
    60-72 g.m. trucks that use a short bar really off center the truck if you stick with the stock mounts.. and bar

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
      Aw come on! Don't you want to sleep next to a big Craftsman tool box . . . or fry up burgers on an open-flame propane stove beside a plastic jug of Rocket-Brand leaded race gas . . . .

No tools or parts in the camping trailer would put campers at a big disadvantage to racers with utility trailers (nobody mention trailerless Larry Larson, okay?)

Campers WOULD have to use some common sense about sharing their tiny living spaces with spares, inflamable chemicals, and tools. But there ought to be a reasonable allowance for some support stuff in the camping trailer.
      Choose your poison ..... The trunk of the car (and in my case, the back seat) was home to all of the "spares", including luggage, food and a cooler. A hitch carrier provided the space for the spare tires, toolbox and air tank. Soooo, move the luggage, food and cooler to the camper and voila ..... room for parts, etc. Personally, and just my opinion here, a tear drop style, single axle (either home built or manufactured) is all that should be allowed. It cuts down on the possibility of stashing the hidden machine shop and such .... easily policed, open the door and take a look.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I pulled the 14" number out of my hat. If someone wants to bring a machine shop with them, great. I might need it. Single axle might work or a weight limit but that raises enforcement issues.

Meanwhile, more classes, more winners, but having failed miserably this year we shouldn't lose sight of the win that comes from making it to the finish.

I've proposed Unlimted N/A more than once and a Limited N/A gets most of the way there. The rest seems to be a balance of class size and what sells magazines. DF has said numerous times that wheel standing hual ass fast cars on the cover bombs at the newstand. I don't understand that, but I have no reaosn to doubt it.

that siad, those that go we get test themselves in the most legit crucible of fast street cars. Those that have done it understand. That has to be enough.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

How about the POS trailer must be stocked with beer at all times... should be rule #1..
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

"Build it and they will come" ..... Change the rules and do whatever with them you will. I will figure out where the old hound dog fits, and enjoy the week! I sure ain't gonna build to fit as I think the combo I have has a lot more life in it .... more life than I have pennies saved up ....

I'm just daydreaming about building my own teardrop now .... thanks guys, looks like I need to go buy a router now ....

Comment

heh....I built my Drag Week car in 1996, yeah, I'm not too worried about it either.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The eternal cool of the real deal street driven blown BBC 55.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

On my gripe about no turbos in Match Bash . . . Hot Rod magazine, October 1971 issue . . . story on "Turbocharger pioneers Jerry and Gary Mallicoat" . . . Photo caption on page 75: "The Mallicoat brothers got an early start in turbocharging of drag machines with this 'Mouse-Motored' '41 Willys coupe. The car was a feared competitor back in '65. It too used AiResearch turbos." The Willys ran B/GS and ran number 528. The photo shows it pulling a holeshot on the Stone, Woods and Cook Willys.

Thus, even if the rules for Match Bash stayed pre-1967, turbos are HISTORICALLY PART OF THAT SCENE! Let Freiburger or Magnante or any other "match bash purist" refute that!

Comment

Just how big a part of the scene were they? it took you a week to find one....
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Limiting a trailer to a single axle still affords a great deal of weight - 7000lb dexter torsion axle with LRE or higher tires - and you could feasibly haul a small machine shop with you.... let's hope nobody takes it that far - how much does a "smithy" weigh? How much of a generator would you require to run one?

The trailer deal needs to be a volume thing - the size of the box allowed, thereby limiting how much stuff you can haul with you, doesn't that make the most sense or am I missing something?

I'm liking the idea of borrowing my neighbors ranger cap for the week.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Here is what I have in mind .....

Total Weight: 1,220 Lbs. with 12 Gallons of water
                        Tongue weight: 240 Lbs.
                        Inside Cabin Width: 45-1/2"
                        Inside Cabin Length: 76"
                        Inside Cabin Height: 45"
                        Overall Width: 68"
                        Overall Length: 166" long
                        Water tank capacity: 7 gallons
                        Deep cycle battery
                        Propane stove (uses standard bottled propane canisters)
                        Ice box (18 lbs. of ice capacity)
                        Roof vent with Fan
                        Complete lighting kit
                        Estimated cost to complete: $2500-3000

Click image for larger version

Name:	RVSatelliteDish2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	858007

Comment

I wonder how much it would cost to rent something like that for the week.

Comment

the more you talk about trailers, the better those hotel rooms look
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

yea - I'm hoping I can save up some points on cards to help control the costs. I could probably sleep in the back of the truck for a night or two - but that really depends on ambient temps.... hotel is the nicest way to go if you can afford it.

Comment

Hotels were dirt cheap on the trip. I don't know if Doc got some bulk discount or something, or because it was the middle of the week in the middle of the country, but none of the rooms cost over $80/night. My fuel mileage may drop more than $80/day pulling a trailer =P

(Quick math figures I'd probably spend $20/day more in fuel pulling a trailer if my guesstimates are close, so rooms for $60/night??)
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X