Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Thunder Valley be added to the Mid-West Circle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it werent for the fear i have of a commiefornia smog cop impounding my junk and not giving it back, i would say "lets do it."
    the left coast aint safe for most of the late model cars from other states, well, the faster ones anyway.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: For most of you guys that may not know........I consider Jeff to be a VERY good friend. We talk a couple times a week on the phone. I trust him with alot of the decisions I make on my car. So in fun, we like to banter back and forth. Well mostly it is like me.........(the little guy) trying to pick a grudge with him(the big guy).

PS. The only way that I would be able to keep up with the Malibu, is if I steal two plug wires in the Hotel Parking Lot. ;)

PSS. See you in Houston Jeff!!! Tell Mike he needs to bring that Pretty Dart down there too!!!

Here is a pic of us going for the kill in Topeka this year..........too bad it rained.
      Last edited by lun40119; October 18, 2011, 04:28 AM.
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

I'll be shocked if DW runs at Noble, OK.

Here's something that would be fun and dangerous . . . an "outlaw track" Drag Week. Think something along the lines of George Ray's Wildcat Drag Strip in Paragould, AR (don't know if it's still open) . . .
        Smokin' MoKan (can't remember if MoKan's sanctioned by anybody). . .
        Ardmore Dragway (claims to be "America's Oldest Continually Run Dragstrip") . . .
        The infamous Yello Belly (http://www.yellobellydragstrip.net/) . . . .

Comment

Ok.........my .02. I had a blast on DW11. But.......and I mean no offense to the Kansas/Ok boys. There isn't really alot to look at. Amarillo to Tulsa was the best day for "stuff" to look at.

Now the hills of eastern TN say near Bristol..........that is pretty. How bout like a Bristol,Charlotte, Georgia type trip. Now that would be sweet!!! Could you imagine some of these cars on I40 by the TN/NC state line coming through the mountains/tunnels..................
          Last edited by lun40119; October 18, 2011, 06:50 AM.
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

I dont think anyone would have a issue running one of those tracks, it would just pull the average down. I know a lot of us are there for the fun running at the "Heritage tracks". It would be part of the fun of the week, thats Drag Week, everyone runs the same tracks under the same conditions.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
              PSS. See you in Houston Jeff!!! Tell Mike he needs to bring that Pretty Dart down there too!!!
              When is Houston?? If the timing is right (or maybe even if it's not??) I'm seriously thinking about flying out there to hang out.

Have the car ready Jeff??
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

How about.............Bristol, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville, Bristol???

4 Wide at ZMax...................
                Last edited by lun40119; October 18, 2011, 06:57 AM.
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

I have not touched it. I have some other irons in the fire before the weather catches me ( my house and shop footings), but it will be coming back to the top, to be on Kill with no driving for Febuary in Houston (low ET trim). We will let you know Randal.

Comment

Feburary is good for me. I was worried it was going to be first week of November.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

November is for me to try and get my turd in the 9's. Jeff what do you think about my tour???
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                        How about.............Bristol, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville, Bristol???

4 Wide at ZMax...................
                        This post would go a lot better with "Dueling Banjos" from "Deliverance" (1972) playing in the background . . . .

Comment

You did WHAT with a case of beer and a banjo???
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                            This post would go a lot better with "Dueling Banjos" from "Deliverance" (1972) playing in the background . . . .
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

THE LARSON GANG
                              Last edited by JeffMcKC; October 18, 2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

If we go South maybe Eddie Miller will come.

Comment

Working...
                                X