Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Thunder Valley be added to the Mid-West Circle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Thunder Valley be added to the Mid-West Circle?

Personally,

Due to car count alone Drag Week should return to the center of the US. With Tulsa Raceway Park Closing, does it look like Thunder Valley in Noble,OK will be added to the 4 tracks in 2012?
    sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Great Bend,Noble,St Louis,HPT and back to GB? Who knows.Pretty sure in will be in the general middle of America.

Comment

I sure hope it stays in the middle. Having 1000 less miles getting to starting point (vs. Muncie, In -2009) was nice.
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

messing around on Google maps gives some options and also shows how much it sucks there might not be a place to race in Tulsa.

I did

Great Bend
        HPT
        Gateway raceway
        noble ok
        great bend

1300ish miles with the biggest run bieng from gateway to noble at 550 miles on the interstate.

I can't seem to come up with 5 days of races on 1/4 mile tracks that have a chance of holding the unlimited cars.

I also tried

great bend
        noble
        ennis texas
        hpt
        great bend

it also comes up with a looong day from ennis to hpt.

There is a new all concrete 1/4 mile in crandal texas that would put the run from crandall tx to hpt at 438 miles.

Being from Tulsa I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse when it comes to the track, there still seems to be pieces of the story missing that I am sure will be uncovered by the end of the month.
        Last edited by BlueCuda340; October 16, 2011, 12:35 PM.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Hope so... My fingers are crossed for Tulsa....
          sigpic

Comment

Topeka
            Kearney
            Great Bend,
            KCIR.
            Topeka.

830 miles.
            just think of the crazy places Frieburger could send us with a budget of 400 miles to use........KCIR to Topeka might take us WAY WAY WAY out into BFE.

Comment

Kearney. never heard of that track. Will have to look that one up... Hopefully they have a website...
              sigpic

Comment

Check out Kearney,

No a bad track. They have some footage in the tag photo area on facebook...

sigpic

Comment

gateway is closed.

Comment

Gateway is open for 2012.Part of the Full Throttle Countdown.http://www.nhra.com/schedules/2012fts.aspx

Comment

Hoping for more than one track to be used over so soon would be a first for Mr. F
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Doesn't matter where it is...........I am still gonna hand McConnell his ass!!! ;)
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here is a completely different idea. Bakersfield, Sacramento, Redding, Sears Point, Bakersfield. According to Google maps, this is less miles than this years Drag Week.
                              Last edited by Chad's Dad; October 17, 2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X