No announcement yet.

Jake Goes into the nines!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up the new Hot Rod magazine at the store. Awesome article on your car Jake!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thanks.............too bad David forgot to add anything about all your lost braincells........
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

what size sbc and congrads

Comment

402 with Dart Pro 1 heads.
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

That ride just rocks! Congrats on the Mag and the 9 !

And that Crankshaft is just straight up Sexy!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Hit the track for the first time yesterday............little scary but fun!!!

And then I broke my nice pretty transmission on this pass........

Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

Can you zing that SOB a few more rpms? LOL.Full track prep would have been nice.Better to break now that DW.Throw a 3rd pedal in that SOB and have some fun.LOL.

Comment

Red Headed Step Child comes to mind......
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                    Hit the track for the first time yesterday............little scary but fun!!!

And then I broke my nice pretty transmission on this pass........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Ltj...tsWSbg&lf=plcp

Boo broken stuff!!!!
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Hell man I was there as well. I was there to just get a base line on my new talon to start the process of makin it quicker. The track was in terrible condition early but got a little better as the day went on. Looked like you weren't having too much trouble but I was on the old street tires the car came with and it would not hook at all.
                      As far as breakin your trans I quess I can join the club with you there Jake, I lost 3rd gear but I knew it was on its way out as overdrive was already gone. I just couldn't miss out on gettin to the track.

Comment

You have a blue Gen 1?

I saw the car, I was parked closer to tech in the middle...........24ft black enclosed. In my opinion early on like this they need to put street tires stuff, that is going to do 1/8 mile burnouts in the right lane and leave the left lane for the stuff on slicks. I walked out 60 ft or so, and the rubber was getting torn off the track. I broke the trans around 2:00 and headed down to get my chassis cert.

That 9.89 pass was at 1100 and I didn't get off the line clean one time after that. It did go 1.33 60ft, and 3.95 to the 330 so it was close when I got there. The rest of the passes look like the one I posted. Blew them clean off.

I wish I would have known that was you, I would have checked out the talon, don't tell anyone, but I have a soft spot for the Gen 1's!!!

This is me.............

Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep that was me. I didn't see your car or I would of come over and said hi.

Comment

No big deal...........looked like you had a chick driving the car??? And a belt squeeling.........do you have an alt relocation kit in that thing?

What kind of times did "Old Blue" turn up on Sat?
                            Last edited by lun40119; April 3, 2012, 01:58 PM.
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              Boo broken stuff!!!!
                              Sorry about the trans Jake. What's the diagnosis? Out of curiosity what gear do you use for burnouts?
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Art from Coan thinks it was the sprag..........it turns ok in forward, but it is a bitch in reverse. Taking it to the trans guy tonight to get it apart. Ill let you know. Art says, the on and off stuff is what breaks these XLT's. They are made extremely light and low drag, and designed to be under power all the way down track, not bounced on and off power.

I start my burnout in 2nd and shift to 3rd.

This is the trans I am running...............

Last edited by lun40119; April 4, 2012, 05:05 AM.
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X