No announcement yet.

Jake Goes into the nines!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i talked to art friday about a convertor,,,gonna order one this week..

Comment

Yep.....you will like it........I have one of there billet aluminum custom stator deals in mine. Art still gets a kick out of the 7000rpm stall, pulling a trailer thing. I talked to him several times on DW last year, with Trans temp readings. He was worried about too high of temps for the XLT. Never got over 200 degrees outgoing line temp!!!
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
        No big deal...........looked like you had a chick driving the car??? And a belt squeeling.........do you have an alt relocation kit in that thing?

What kind of times did "Old Blue" turn up on Sat?
        Those were the 1st passes I made in the car. I was just looking for a base line to start with. The car went a 12.65 on it's second pass with a bogged 2.0 sec 60' as I decided to start leaving with lowwer boost as on my 1st pass I was ONE OF THOSE STREET TIRE CARS DOING THE 1/8 MILE BURNOUT. On the next pass I left with a little more boost and pulled a 1.85 60' and was on the way to a 12.2-12.3 pass but there was no third gear and coasted to a 13.2. I'm pretty happy with it so far I was hoping for an 11.90 but I couldn't make any more power on this setup as the injectors where well over 100 % duty cycle.
        I am happy though as I have only owned this car for a month so far. There should be some good improvments in the next couple of months. Rite now I have to concentrate on getting my evo done for the Ohio mile at the end of the month.
        Oh and no I don't have the alt relocation kit in the car yet, that will probably come in the next round of upgrades.

Comment

Cool.........street tires and early season tracks don't match well fella. I walked out a ways, and found a couple different "bare" concrete spots on the track. Not that big of a deal for a 11-12-13 sec car, but it sure can cause some problems for slick tire cars. That 9.89 pass was right off the trailer. The next 3 passes it just clean blew the tires off. Which was frustrating, cause usually I can hook the car on ice!!!

I wasn't trying to be an ass about the 1/8 mile burnout stuff, so I hope you didn't take offense.........it just gets frustrating to watch the track get torn up like that, and for me who trailered 130 miles one way to come down and break a 5000 dollar trans over a temper tantrum.

No harm done.........trans is out, and getting looked at tonight........should be back together mid next week.
          Last edited by lun40119; April 4, 2012, 06:46 AM.
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

Na I didn't take any offense. I'm sure you know that track prep is not a high point at da grove they freakin never scrape it and then there are huge bald spots as you where talking about.
            Have you ever come down on slick tire only nite, the track is usually alot better.
            Oh and best of luck with your trans.

Comment

Trans will be fine...........I actually run at the Grove alot.........and kind of like the track prep there. I ran Halloween Havoc last year, and have done some bracket stuff there. Normally I run WIR in Appleton because it is 5 miles from my house........and the best 60' I have had there is a 1.39.

Fact now that I think about it, I have run on tracks at Bristol, Amarillo, Tulsa, Topeka, Great Bend, Rock Falls, Brainerd, Union Grove, and Appleton. Best 60' is by far at Union Grove. 1.39 at Tulsa........1.333 at Union Grove on a track that was mid 40's.

Lemme know when you are headed back to the Grove for some gear bangin........Ill bring my junk down to watch!!!
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X