No announcement yet.

579 RWHP and 540 FT LBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm getting away with 20 degs because I have an iced down water to air intercooler and I'm running a Snow Performance water/meth system. I tried less total but the power was dropping off. See ya in '12
    All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Are you EFI? You are if I remember, I would switch to E-85 at the track, Cough, Cough, who said that?
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        Are you EFI? You are if I remember, I would switch to E-85 at the track, Cough, Cough, who said that?
        he's probably seeing most, if not all, of the e85 benefits by running methanol injection. possibly even more.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Nice results Tom! How much boost was that on with pump gas?

I actually had Chad at my house and couldn't get logged on from the main pages. But if I reply to a post and then log in I don't have any problems

Comment

579 RWHP and 540 FT LBS; congratulations on the Big numbers Tom – I can’t help but ask, during this dyno pull were you using the infamous wound-up axels you showed me pictures of in Topeka? LOL

Hardy Handshakes – Swede
            Last edited by Swede4; December 9, 2011, 02:55 PM.
            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG View Post
              Nice results Tom! How much boost was that on with pump gas?

I actually had Chad at my house and couldn't get logged on from the main pages. But if I reply to a post and then log in I don't have any problems
              Peak of 18 psi. But I think JeffMcKC hits the nail on the head when he states the INTAKE is seeing 18 psi. Due to the basic unported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads I'm using, and the cam dynamics, it's probable the combustion chambers is seeing less boost. See ya '12, Tom H

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
                579 RWHP and 540 FT LBS; congratulations on the Big numbers Tom – I can’t help but ask, during this dyno pull were you using the infamous wound-up axels you showed me pictures of in Topeka? LOL

Hardy Handshakes – Swede
                Ummmm, yes. The dyno runs were made with the twisted axles. I didn't think the dyno would twist the axles further due to there is no real shock, like a starting line, and both tires would have equal traction and load. However I did have my fingers crossed. I guess Strange makes a tough axle? The left has a three spilne twist and the right only has a 1 1/2 spline twist. New axles for next year.
                Last edited by turbolaw; December 10, 2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  Nice .... now we need pics .... everything is better with pics.
                  I'll try this one

Comment

thats cool. nice numbers. Turbos will rule the world someday... Didn't you run a low 10?
                    used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Hey Tom - Great numbers out of your 355" sbc, cool deal! Tom is a member of the original class of Drag Week 2005!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                        Hey Tom - Great numbers out of your 355" sbc, cool deal! Tom is a member of the original class of Drag Week 2005!
                        we had lunch with Tom in 2007 at the little restaurant on the west side of the river, near davenport ia. He has GREAT cop stories too!
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                          thats cool. nice numbers. Turbos will rule the world someday... Didn't you run a low 10?
                          Yes Paul, I took my skirt off and ran it hard like you told me to with the twisted axle. It went 10:18 @131 witha 1.45 60' time.
                          We miss you Grumpy. I think I'm the only one who has competed in all 7 Drag Weeks with the same JUNK.
                          That is right Scott. The cop stories keep building up, sigh. We'll see ya in '12?
                          Last edited by turbolaw; December 10, 2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
                            Peak of 18 psi. But I think JeffMcKC hits the nail on the head when he states the INTAKE is seeing 18 psi. Due to the basic unported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads I'm using, and the cam dynamics, it's probable the combustion chambers is seeing less boost. See ya '12, Tom H
                            Tom and I had a talk about how Boost is by product of a restriction, its not always restricted in the cylinder first.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

How many are left in the All Seven Club now? I think its down to one hand right? I think Tom's Ray-Jay kit is older than some of the competitors at Drag Week.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Just got done talking to Danny and Tom and as far as we can tell, Danny's the only one who has completed all 7. Kinda like a Long Hauler of Drag Week. I've been to all 7 but broke in 2010. Norm's been to all 7 and Tom also all 7 and broke I think only the first year. But for sure has ran the same car for all 7. We think Steve Bowyer's been to most if not all, being a spectator in 05 but do't know if he made it to all the tracks all 7 yrs. There's a lotta 6 yr people that started in 06 and have been to all since. I think Jay Brown is an 05'er and missed 1 yr. Bill I think your in the same boat. Maybe 2 yrs lost. If any of this is wrong or anyone want's to add to it or has more info, please respond. Merry Chistmas to all and best of the future. Vince
                                First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                                Third place SSBBNA 2017
                                Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                                All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Working...
                                X