No announcement yet.

Rules!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you guys are talking about are not the things that are out of line, but when it starts looking like a Pit Stop at the Daytona 500, on a 2 people car at each stop is where they have to do something. I did not go last year but got a lot of calls asking what I thought, no one wants to be the guy that blows someone up. Trust and Honor has long been a Big Part of Drag Week, I would hate to see it diminished just because someone wants a Jacket.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
      We left the guy there at the track and it sucked. I am a people person and it was against my nature to do that, yes he wasnt in the middle of no where but you still want to help.
      I know what you mean. My personal problem is I feel I'm out of my league working on cars that are actually quick. I'm probably too over cautious. I get real nervous at Bonneville every time I lay my hands on Freiburger and Keith's Camaro, but they are way cool about letting me, and random people for that matter, help. I wouldn't mind actually getting dirty on Drag Week. I bled my brakes mid-week and changed an alternator on day 5, but definitely would of been up for helping pulling a trans or such.

Joe, I'm still one of those guy's that want to ride in your car, and risk regretting it later If my car broke the plan was to park it somewhere, put my thumb in the wind and hitch a ride with a fellow drag weeker. Same plan for this year. Going for broke this year, scatter shield will be on, and will run it hard this year.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randle you can work on mine LOL How are you at putting stuff back together after big wheelies?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          I know what you mean. My personal problem is I feel I'm out of my league working on cars that are actually quick. I'm probably too over cautious. I get real nervous at Bonneville every time I lay my hands on Freiburger and Keith's Camaro, but they are way cool about letting me, and random people for that matter, help. I wouldn't mind actually getting dirty on Drag Week. I bled my brakes mid-week and changed an alternator on day 5, but definitely would of been up for helping pulling a trans or such.

Joe, I'm still one of those guy's that want to ride in your car, and risk regretting it later If my car broke the plan was to park it somewhere, put my thumb in the wind and hitch a ride with a fellow drag weeker. Same plan for this year. Going for broke this year, scatter shield will be on, and will run it hard this year.
          You are more then welcome to ride. Even thought its too loud to talk its nice to have someone in the car. As far as working on the car it doesnt require much if anything oddly enough. Our biggest dilemna was getting the pump gas out and putting in race fuel. There is really nothing special on my car that any gear head at Drag Week could work on and im sure some more skilled than me. I did check the valves once on Thursday and we had the clutch so locked up it didnt really have an effect on it. Towing a trailer was by far my biggest mistake. I took more crap and needed parts that I didnt have anyway. I guess I missed stuff that was happening however I think I was one of the last to leave every track except for Amarillo. I think the biggest thing this year is how big those varments get down there along side the road through the south. You might stop for a pit stop and find something you wantno part of.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            Randle you can work on mine LOL How are you at putting stuff back together after big wheelies?
            I brought my 5lb sledge hammer!
            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; February 6, 2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              I brought my 5lb sledge hammer!
              And vise grips and we are good to go

Comment

Don't forget the shoe polish Randal!!!
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

I vote Randal Pit Bitch for everyone LOL
                  Last edited by JeffMcKC; February 6, 2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Duct tape- the quicker fixer upper!
                    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      I vote Randal Pit Bitch for everyone LOL
                      D'oh!

Got those too Joe, and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                        Don't forget the shoe polish Randal!!!
                        Ha! I got that free from a NAPA in Green River Utah on my way to Denver. Went in to buy some and they didn't have any, and the counter guy said he had one behind the counter they use on the window's outside and I could have it. I'll know before I leave Ely if it's still good

Comment

Good deal.........that way if DF takes my stickers off again, and Turk runs out of letters......I can still make some passes. Can you believe that stuff............greatest car magazine on the planet and they run out of stick on letters.......Sheesh!!!
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha the "J" I had on the Durango started life as a "9".
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

in 07they put a I 88 on my car but it looked like well you can imagine the "l" was in the middle above the 88

Comment

Keith was at Amarillo giving me a hard time about my paint job, and that next time I came to bring a real jack, so I laid it on pretty thick about the "Greatest Mag in the World" and no extra letters, among other things. Jeff, I think you were there at HPT when we were riding him pretty hard.
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X