Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The List: Whatcha Bringin' and What Class ya Runnin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been a member and long time lurker here for awile now but since I signed up for the race yesterday I figured I would introduce myself.
    My name is Mike Reichen, I will be racing a 91 eagle talon ( I know I know) that I just picked up a few weeks ago. I signed up for the daily driver class but that may change as the mods stack up, probably not(money is too tight at this time).
    I have raced in and won the hotrod topspeed challenge at Maxton and constantly hear Keith and David going on and on about how great this race is I couldn't stay away any longer. I've been wanting to come for years and decided this was going to be the first year.
    Very cool!! I've built many 4G63's, its a great engine, just had a customer go to the track for the first time with one I built a couple months ago, he converted the Eclipse to Auto, and with stock trans, stock converter, and no nitrous to get the thing to 60ft he went a 12.60 on low boost, and this build was nothing special, just some rods and pistons, and freshen up the head. I'm gonna talk to him about running Drag Week.. We expect with a tiny bit of spray, and some more boost, it should be a very reliable car, with all factory options, including a/c and p/s and run solidly into the 11's. Oh yeah, that was on his second pass EVER down the 1/4 mile!
    Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; March 21, 2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• OK we can car snob one...........
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyG View Post
        Mike, It will be good to see you and see what magic you do on this latest Mitsu. Are you going to make it to the Top Speed Challenge this year also?
        Hey Joey, yep I will be at the ohio mile (with the evo yet again). The goal is to actually make it the full mile no matter how slow as long as it is under it's own power,
        Are you going to bring the vette?
        What are you racing at drag week, seems like you might be racing something else. As far as car snobery goes I hope it is as you say, that would be great. That is one of the reasons I have been doing the standing mile events, the people are great.

Comment

• If you read through the DW threads, if they are giving you crap, means they like your junk!
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Whose your friend?
            As for power that is the easy part. The cars can be reliable to quite quick times nowadays with the rite parts.
            I will probably see you up at the "da grove" this summer as I will be testing the car there and at byron, maybe 41 a couple of times.
            Shawn Wolter.........white 91 talon. Great car. Been mid 13X's mph in the 1/4 with it so far. Was on a fussy E-85 tune, and never really could get the short times worked out. I wish he had more time to spend at the track. I think with the boost turned up to around 40lbs that thing has a very bottom 10 or even a high 9 in it.

From time to time, he will let me drive it................2nd is fun, but 3rd is where its at!!!
            Last edited by lun40119; March 22, 2012, 06:31 AM.
            Team Clueless
            1st Place SB/NA DW12
            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Joey, yep I will be at the ohio mile (with the evo yet again). The goal is to actually make it the full mile no matter how slow as long as it is under it's own power,
              What are you racing at drag week, seems like you might be racing something else. As far as car snobery goes I hope it is as you say, that would be great. That is one of the reasons I have been doing the standing mile events, the people are great.
              Yeah its that way, if you have troubles its will be hard to work on your car because everyone will want to help. And dont mind what we do and say to Eddie, we like him. Its just fun to pull his hair like the girl in 3rd grade, we squeals like one too.

Comment

• And always remember...............don't bend over in front of Jeff!!!
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

• Cause I will just boot you right in the old picture taker.

Comment

For Ohio I changed the computer operating system for faster switching on/off nitrous for better power. I'm also going to drag radials so now 100mph+ slides.

For drag week I'll just be in a 2001 GMC rcsb with a pt88 and stock bottom end/heads 5.3. Its got ac and is comfy

Comment

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                      Shawn Wolter.........white 91 talon. Great car. Been mid 13X's mph in the 1/4 with it so far. Was on a fussy E-85 tune, and never really could get the short times worked out. I wish he had more time to spend at the track. I think with the boost turned up to around 40lbs that thing has a very bottom 10 or even a high 9 in it.

From time to time, he will let me drive it................2nd is fun, but 3rd is where its at!!!
                      I don't know if I've met him or not I have shyte for memory.
                      Third gear is deffinately the money gear on low to mid hp DSM's.
                      Fussy e-85 tune, if you can't tune e-85 you need to quit as it has the larest tuning window, just short of methanol.

Comment

• I don't remember exactly what the issue was with the E-85 but if my memory serves me, it was more of a software deal, and idle control. It runs pretty well under power, but seemed to get real fussy down around idle. He would know alot more than I do. Where are you located?
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bringing a heavy truck in PS/PA....this will be my first DW....can't wait!!!! Just have to finish the truck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oklaracer View Post
                            Bringing a heavy truck in PS/PA....this will be my first DW....can't wait!!!! Just have to finish the truck!!!
                            More details?

Comment

• 555 BBC, fogger, Th400(2.10), 9" braced and 4 linked, cert'd to 8.50....hope to run in the 9's.

Comment

• Got to love 9 second extended cab pick up trucks.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X