Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best Turbo 400 to put behind 1400 HP N2O BBF in 3800# car w/GV added on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    On the odd chance you want a C6, Frank Merkl is THE man when it comes to making killer C6's.

He says they work great in his 7 second Mustang.

Oh and you can just wrap up that AOD and send it to me if you need a place to store it.
    Last edited by BBR; March 23, 2012, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    I would look to a Neal Chance glide/ Converter and a GV Bill. Bill this gives you 3 gears at the track and a over drive for the road without all the baggage of the rest. Small package light weight. You could use the EFI to hit the High side of low for you and even low high too.

PRO SERIES GLIDE $4850.00
    I was curious as to why Doc has stayed with a three speed and I know the big tire helps on the road. Does he have a GV?

2X on the Rossler, must be good stuff. Are these reomendations all T400 or 4l80e as well at Rossler?

Its the real world experience I'm trying to leverage.

Leave a comment:

• whichdoctor
    replied
    4L80E is BIG and torque converter selection sucks. I was $7,000.00 deep when I bailed on that idea. Great concept, but steep development slope. I see no advantage of a 400 over a glide if you are going to run a gear vendors. You can punish a glide and it is lighter as well.

Leave a comment:

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Rossler
    http://www.rosslertrans.com/

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    I would look to a Neal Chance glide/ Converter and a GV Bill. Bill this gives you 3 gears at the track and a over drive for the road without all the baggage of the rest. Small package light weight. You could use the EFI to hit the High side of low for you and even low high too.

PRO SERIES GLIDE $4850.00

Leave a comment:

• Orange65
    replied
    Call Rossler- I believe that is the transmission of choice of a lot of guys running more HP.

Th400, Trubo 400, 4l80e, 4l80e trans brake, 4l60e, 4l60e trans brake, direct port, valve body, 4L60E Transbrake,www.4l60etransbrake.com,4l60etransbrake.com,turbo glide, powerglide, th210, th400, th350, Door wars, Doorwars, door wars, Chevy, Camaro,Chevy camaro, 4l80e, 4l80e transbrake, www.4l80etransbrake.com,Todd Tutterow, golobo, performance transmissions, transmissions, the little black box, drag radial, Tim Lynch, Mustang, Mustang mike, 2 speed turbo glide xhd, 3 speed th210 xhd th400, th400 transmisisons

Leave a comment:

• Who has the best Turbo 400 to put behind 1400 HP N2O BBF in 3800# car w/GV added on?

As you can tell from the title I'm looking at a new class this year for DW, Street Race BB/PA as the new for last year TrickFlow/Wilson manifold is setup with a progressive wet fogger. I have jets from 150-500.

I posted this here as this is group that has real world knowledge of what we do.

The Lentech AOD I have been runing has been bullet proof but it won't go beyond 1200 HP and 1000 ft/lbs. I'm at 1,000 HP and 800 Ft/lbs now N/A. so any real quantity of spray makes fragging the AOD highly likely.

So I need to look at Turbo 400's with a Gear Vendors as there do not seem to be rationally priced C6's with solid track records.

I think it may want to be 2.10 low gear deal, but with the 3.50 rear gear the calculator says I'll want with a 30" tall tire maybe a stock gear set is OK?

The other logical idea is a 4l80e, but I didn't have a sense of the size, HP/tq. capacity and I have some under car space limitations. I'm guessing a T400 w GV and 4L80e might be a push? Either way I have to run a SuperBell and a blanket again due to space limitations keeping the stock trans tunnel.

Ideas and recommendations oh wise ones?
    Last edited by CDMBill; March 23, 2012, 09:51 AM.
Working...
X