Clear All

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Ha! At least you combined all your "one times" into "one time"

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Wasn't that one time your ran dry the same one time you ran over your phone?
    Yep........ Poor phone......i miss that phone. The POS I got to replace it, I am going to purposely run over this year!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
    I carried extra fuel..........only ran it dry one time, and had 10gal on the trailer so it was no big deal.
    Wasn't that one time your ran dry the same one time you ran over your phone?

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    We stop about every 100 miles and carry 5 gallons of fuel the extra fuel gets dumped in mine alot then refueled at the next stop, the extra fuel in the tank keeps it cooler as it heats going threw the bypass.

Cell phones work, or Hand signals LOL
    I carried extra fuel..........only ran it dry one time, and had 10gal on the trailer so it was no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Anybody else thinking about bringing a CB?
    Most cars are too loud it seems for cells and CB's. That said, I'll have both

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Maybe having less than optimum compression and a stock fuel tank isn't such a bad thing.... I'm thinking that buying an up to date road atlas and updating the GPS maps version would be good ideas as well.

With the out of the way routes you're describing - I imagine cell phone coverage will be marginal at best?
    We stop about every 100 miles and carry 5 gallons of fuel the extra fuel gets dumped in mine alot then refueled at the next stop, the extra fuel in the tank keeps it cooler as it heats going threw the bypass.

Cell phones work, or Hand signals LOL

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    My cell worked ok until I ran it over........

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Maybe having less than optimum compression and a stock fuel tank isn't such a bad thing.... I'm thinking that buying an up to date road atlas and updating the GPS maps version would be good ideas as well.

With the out of the way routes you're describing - I imagine cell phone coverage will be marginal at best?

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Drag Week makes no sense. Doesn't have too.

Copied from Wikipedia

Brief overview

Discussions about Drag Week involve much discussion about compulsive behaviors and disorders.
    Doug Sellman at the National Drag Week Center offers what he calls "The 10 most important things to know about Drag Week".[2] He offers the following points, before explaining them in more detail (although even his full paper does not presume to be able to discuss all the important facts about Drag Week). First, Sellman says that the most important thing to know about Drag Week may be that Drag Week is "fundamentally about compulsive behavior" (see also Obsessive compulsive disorder)".[2] Second of all, such habits originate outside of consciousness (i.e. from the unconscious mind). The compulsive sequence of behaviors are so practiced that they can be extremely difficult to avoid initiating, and even harder to interrupt. Sellman maintains, thirdly, that Drag Week is 50% heritable. In other words, family background and genetics play a large role (see also Nature versus Nurture).

The fourth most important thing is that people with Drag Weeks often have other psychiatric problems (e.g. psychiatric disorders), which can complicate matters. Next, fifth, Sellman explains that Drag Week is characterized by frequent relapse, and that one should not expect to overcome Drag Week on the first try. The sixth point he makes is that the different forms of psychotherapy all produce similar results that may be based on what is common between them (i.e. a strong bond with a trusted friend). Sellman's seventh most important thing about Drag Week is that ‘come back when you're motivated’ is an inappropriate approach to Drag Week.[2] Individuals have very specific problems, and so it is important to find ways to engage the addicted individual (Sellman describes how empathy is crucial, for example). His next, eighth point expands on this idea: Sellman says that doctors should apply as broad an approach to the individual as possible. This means combining various rejuvenating approaches, including prescription drugs, family therapy, social and legal support, providing accommodations, and more. The ninth important thing about Drag Week is that epiphanies are rare - even though they are the most popular kind of story to spread.

The tenth, and final important thing that Sellman explains is that change takes time (months or years of failing and trying more). He advocates for the importance of patience and persistence in practicing new behaviors over long periods of time. He concludes by appealing to all professionals involved in combating Drag Week; he asks that they all work together - because the combined knowledge of all fields is what is required.[2]
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 3, 2012, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ksuhre
    replied
    Originally posted by ProCharged509 View Post
    I'm not complaining. I'm just answering 1 fast evo 2's question with some factual examples....
    I know nobody is complaining... we all love it. My favorite part outside of the event itself is when I describe it to others and they say "and why do you do that?". Can't really explain it, you must experience it.

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Me, truthfully.......I like the long rides. My wife and I did Power Tour in 09 with her Imp, and my Chevelle. I got pretty bored. The hotel parking lots were fun..........but I had alot more fun, seeing what Tom, (Doc's Navigator) was going to do at the next gas stop.

I am really looking forward to this year.........it is going to be a blast!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1 fast evo 2
    replied
    Thanks for the replys. I was just wonderin if the times between tracks where going to be extreme or if it was just the distances that where the hardest. I quess it will be the worst of both worlds and then you still have to keep the car together at the track. OOH BOY!!!

Leave a comment:

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Originally posted by ksuhre View Post
    You guys are actin' like Drag Week is supposed to be easy and fun.
    I'm not complaining. I'm just answering 1 fast evo 2's question with some factual examples....

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    You guys remember the gravel road to the one lane bridge in 06?

"I may be lost but I am makin good time!"

Knocked off my front wheelie snubber on a a man hole cover once.

Docs Car came clear off the ground in 06 in a Constuction zone said bump ahead then nothing but sparks and one closed off header tube.

Worst road was Chicago at 3:00 AM
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; April 2, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ksuhre
    replied
    It's supposed to be easy and fun??!!

You guys are actin' like Drag Week is supposed to be easy and fun.

We're just spendin' lots of money to entertain the good folks at Hot Rod!

See ya in September!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X