Total mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total mileage

I haven't seen it posted but I may have missed it, does anybody know the total mieage we will cover on drag week 2012?
    Maybe a break down of how far in between tracks.

They don't give that out. You can google the directions between each track and it's very likely going to be longer than the shortest route.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
      I haven't seen it posted but I may have missed it, does anybody know the total mieage we will cover on drag week 2012?
      Maybe a break down of how far in between tracks.
      It's been about 1200 miles total the last few years. You can do a search, just block the big roads and it will give you a ballpark figure. I would expect 1000 to 1500!!

Comment

The tracks are out, but the route isn't. The "Expect potholes" leads me to believe it isn't all I35 and I40...

Stop 1: Tulsa, Oklahoma
        Stop 2: Motorplex in Ennis, Texas (about 290 according to bing, Dallas traffic, joy.)
        Stop 3: Thunder Road in Gilliam, Louisiana (about 205)
        Stop 4: Memphis International Raceway (about 325)
        Stop 5: Back to Tulsa for evening finals. (about 400)

about 1220? Ends up being 1800 or so for me, and I get the short route. Let's see... 1800/9 mpg... I better start my Hooters Hiatus so I can afford gas.

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/2012-drag-we...#ixzz1qeXjJMY8
        Last edited by Beagle; March 30, 2012, 06:24 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

i think last year we where only on the highway a few miles leaving topeka and a few coming into tulsa,everything else was back roads...memphis back to tulsa is gonna be a hoot..

Comment

1280 MILES
            Tully to Tulsa
            will have to trailer again to start

bob

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
              i think last year we where only on the highway a few miles leaving topeka and a few coming into tulsa,everything else was back roads...memphis back to tulsa is gonna be a hoot..
              has anybody checked to see where the U-Haul's are and if they have enough open car trailers? 400 plus backroad miles on the second to last day is gonna be tough on my junk. I really want to just drive up to Tulsa, but this leg makes me wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to leave a trailer in impound.

then again, if I do that, the 4x8 behind the car idea is history.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. If you run the route backwards, day one is the hardest... but then how many cars are gonna have problems on day one v. this trip where you have a 400 mile leg when everyone is nice and tired.
              Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Don't fear the reaper.

Comment

yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of emminent catastrophic failure, I shall fear no breakage for I have the most awesome co-pilots in the world and a 3500 pound axle trailer with enough parts to rebuild the car.

•The tracks will be open from roughly 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Tulsa Raceway Park on Friday, September 14. Schedule adjustments may be made pending unforeseen circumstances.

Somebody did give this a lot of thought.
                  Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of emminent catastrophic failure,
                    You and about 75% of the other competitors, including myself!

Comment

Given some of the goat paths and gehttos we've been through before, raw distance isn't the most daunting challenge anyway. I can remember driving in the dark, in the pouring rain, on an umarked two lane road, thorugh the woods, leading about eight cars becuase I had fog lights and could kinda see better than everyone else. Add in the Drag Radials and it was fun!
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

add to those moments ^^^^ either the leader you're following/ tagging along with gets lost (and everybody agreed they felt they were going the right way) or thinking you're gonna run out of gas on a back road. It's a good thing if you can carry some extra fuel just in case. We ran thru a couple areas last year that the stations didn't have any gas in the 90's octane range so the folks with higher compression and no electronics to adjust were sweatin'.
                        Last edited by Dignlif; March 31, 2012, 08:22 PM.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

i got some bad gas last year...

Comment

They did run us down I-40 from Amarillo to Shamrock last year, but from then on, it was back woodsy!
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Cousins grew up in the backwoods of Arkansas... If ya break down between Memphis and Tulsa, and you hear "Dueling Banjos"... just sayin'!

In 06 we hit US 30 thru Chicago, and I was thinking, "Please ole girl, don't fail us now!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X