Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet.

Comment

• Vrooom!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        Fire in the Hole at Doc's house!!
        too many Jalapenos last night??
        Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
        Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
        Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
        Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

• Anyone running a 3/4 poured block on drag week? I may need to do this, Is an oil cooler enough.

Thinking of maybe a dedicated pump and oil cooler. Thoughts
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
            Anyone running a 3/4 poured block on drag week? I may need to do this, Is an oil cooler enough.

Thinking of maybe a dedicated pump and oil cooler. Thoughts
            Yes I am running a 5/8 filled block on all of my motors. The oil cooler I run on both cars is a Perma-Cool #301 Oil temp runs the same temperature as the water temperature. I have never had overheating problems.

Comment

• Thanks, so no fan on cooler either?
              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
                Thanks, so no fan on cooler either?
                No sir, all I run is a 17" belt driven flex fan and mounted the oil cooler in front of the rediator. I do have a nice aluminum radiator. motor runs 177 deg's on most days. Stop light driving on a HOT day it will creep up to 185 to 190.

Comment

• Cool thanks, gives me some confidence
                  Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Made my license passes today. Went 9.82,9.87 1.39 60 foot. This time I won't throw the slips away. Lol. Was able to leave on the full 150 shot once I tightened up the rear extension a little.
                    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

• Good job Mark.

Comment

• Houston, I have shiny parts! Courtesy of Verne's Chrome Plating in Gardena, CA.

But the "LOL" smiling Buick is still waiting on paint :*( Fired it up today though, and boy does it start nice and sound nice
                        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 18, 2012, 07:18 PM.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73fish View Post
                          No sir, all I run is a 17" belt driven flex fan and mounted the oil cooler in front of the rediator. I do have a nice aluminum radiator. motor runs 177 deg's on most days. Stop light driving on a HOT day it will creep up to 185 to 190.
                          I don't have a filled block at all, just aftermarket, but it runs almost identical water and oil temps with an Earl's cooler similar to Mike's. I have the cooler off to the side of the grill so air passes through and back into fender well. No cooler fan.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                            Made my license passes today. Went 9.82,9.87 1.39 60 foot. This time I won't throw the slips away. Lol. Was able to leave on the full 150 shot once I tightened up the rear extension a little.
                            That's moving' on out congrats on the license. Now for the double layer suit. Should be cozy in Dallas and LA.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Bought a second set of DragLites off Ebay to mount my street tires on.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• I'm practically quivering with anticipation to pick up plan W. This involves taking a perfectly functional car apart, dismember a recoverable car for PW donor parts, and then complain about neither of them running!

It's getting hot down here. Step 1 is going to be AC for the garage. I'm not sure Monica will let me just leave the door open to the house. She's not a "scent of a rear end lube change" kind of girl, dangit.

Is there enough time to turbo the six cylinder first ? I'm dying to know if I can get it from 20's to 15's before it blows chunks. I have a set of 4.10's for a 7.5 and a C4 shiftkit somewhere.
                                Last edited by Beagle; June 19, 2012, 06:59 AM.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X