Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the proverbial towel being thrown in?
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
      Must be skeered....
      watch Eddie's facebook, that guy does the job of three people.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Drove to the track last night to get a few pass in and get the times sorted out, that part went well, the oil pump not so much. Damn thing started leaking all over the place. Now it's once again mad thrash time. Heading to the dealership now to get a new cover. At least it's got a decent cruising tune in it and has a solid drag tune that I can tweak off of as I go. So it's replace pump, clean it up a little, put it on the trailer then pack(truck is already packed).

Comment

• See you there....
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

• Getting tiny trailer ready, car cleaned up and then load and go. Alb tonight then tulsa tomorrow
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              You've got that right!
              ~Alain~
              A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
              "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
                Is this the proverbial towel being thrown in?
                NO! Throwing the towel in would be quitting WEEKS before, I'm no quitter, as I've said from the beginning, ONLY way I was not going was to run outta money, or run outta time.. Although my pockets are low, my drive has NEVER been, but we simply ran outta time, and last night I made the call.. I really appreciate that a couple friends at the last minute stepped up to lend a hand trying to get the car done, but at this point, it is just an exercise in futility.. The engine is sitting on the dyno, it made VERY good power, and enough to run the numbers, even though it's still basically in nitrous trim, and NOT a serious N/A build, just too much to finish up on the car itself..

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                THANK YOU! I always think I don't do enough.. I'm sure you are aware I'm a single dad as well, so somehow I gotta fit my daughter into all my insanity! I feel kinda' bad that I've not had the time for her the last 6-7 weeks, as she knows she is the center of my universe, but she's been REAL good about it, and KNOWS her dad was trying to make this race.. My daughter is 17 now, so it's easier, and she knows how much this stuff means to me. I think I will take this weekend off and head to Disney World with her, it'll be my first real weekend off in many months! I'm gonna be sick missing Drag Week, it'll be the first time since the start of DW that I've missed 2 consecutive years..

I got a customer heading to Drag Week with his Boss 331 in a 70 Maverick, look for it, it's a neat ride, and Luke is a GREAT guy! Go by and say hi! You won't be able to miss the car, he's rowing gears, and it has a couple carbs hanging outta the hood!

Comment

• Mine is not wanting to respond to jet changes so I will be diving into the fuel system saturday before the TNT on sunday. It seems like its falling apart as DW gets closer LOL.
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                    NO! Throwing the towel in would be quitting WEEKS before, I'm no quitter, as I've said from the beginning, ONLY way I was not going was to run outta money, or run outta time.. Although my pockets are low, my drive has NEVER been, but we simply ran outta time, and last night I made the call.. I really appreciate that a couple friends at the last minute stepped up to lend a hand trying to get the car done, but at this point, it is just an exercise in futility.. The engine is sitting on the dyno, it made VERY good power, and enough to run the numbers, even though it's still basically in nitrous trim, and NOT a serious N/A build, just too much to finish up on the car itself..

THANK YOU! I always think I don't do enough.. I'm sure you are aware I'm a single dad as well, so somehow I gotta fit my daughter into all my insanity! I feel kinda' bad that I've not had the time for her the last 6-7 weeks, as she knows she is the center of my universe, but she's been REAL good about it, and KNOWS her dad was trying to make this race.. My daughter is 17 now, so it's easier, and she knows how much this stuff means to me. I think I will take this weekend off and head to Disney World with her, it'll be my first real weekend off in many months! I'm gonna be sick missing Drag Week, it'll be the first time since the start of DW that I've missed 2 consecutive years..

I got a customer heading to Drag Week with his Boss 331 in a 70 Maverick, look for it, it's a neat ride, and Luke is a GREAT guy! Go by and say hi! You won't be able to miss the car, he's rowing gears, and it has a couple carbs hanging outta the hood!
                    Sorry to hear Eddy.......talkin smack on the net is fun, and no harm is meant by any of it. Better luck next year.
                    Team Clueless
                    1st Place SB/NA DW12
                    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                    sigpic

Comment

• The World loves to get Eddie a hard time. Its not easy on anyone to make it to this in any Class.
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                        Mine is not wanting to respond to jet changes so I will be diving into the fuel system saturday before the TNT on sunday. It seems like its falling apart as DW gets closer LOL.
                        must be the ozone....mine is not running like I want, but will be driving it while I try to line it out.
                        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                          must be the ozone....mine is not running like I want, but will be driving it while I try to line it out.
                          It runs OK I am pretty sure it would run better if I could get the air fuel ratio out of the 13s! MPH doesn't respond to jet either, but its got rock steady fuel pressure. Going to dive into it tommorow and see if I can find anything if not I am leaving the LM2 at home lol.
                          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post

Eddie, maybe take the money you saved from not going on DW, weld some injector bungs on your intake runners, and set up an EFI system for your next combo? I know someone who'd be happy to get you set up and running... ;-)
                            Last edited by dieselgeek; September 7, 2012, 11:30 AM.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              Eddie, maybe take the money you saved from not going on DW, weld some injector bungs on your intake runners, and set up an EFI system for your next combo? I know someone who'd be happy to get you set up and running... ;-)
                              It's a consideration.. I've had a few people pushing me in that direction, but I'm still on the fence, and the carbs I got, and Patrick @ Pro Systems have been great in supporting my efforts, and I would hate to walk away from him.. If someone was willing to step to the plate with an injection combo I would take it into consideration. We WILL test this year and sort out a SERIOUS n/a combo, and push the envelope in n/a, REAL pump gas trim as we've done in the past.. As it stands right now I'm gonna keep the engine on the dyno a bit and order a couple cams, and some different ratio rockers and do some testing before the next engine has to go on the pump..

Comment

• Originally posted by alain View Post
                                You've got that right!
                                yes of running his mouth

Comment

Working...
                                X