Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the 11:99 pass the 60' was 1.922 .on the 12:11 pass it was 1.716....

Comment

Sumsin's not right!!!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

First question is what was the D/A? The density altitude not only effects peak power but mid rtnage torque especially and you'll see pretty big variations in 60 ft. with the same combination let alone one that has been changed up a bit.

For a two tenths better 60 ft to become a slower ET is n more than a bit unusual. I'm looking at that loss of 4 MPH and wondering about D/A and carb tune. What did the plugs say?
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
          Hey Bill, I can't find the thread where I saw you say it but wondering which power windows you're gonna use in your car. I found some universal kits for under $100 on ebay but not sure how good those work. I already have pretty new regulators in the doors so not wanting to spend the $ on the replacement regulator style.
          Its from Electric Life and is the Colibri kit (made in Italy?) I'll be installing it this weekend, along with the trans, converter and surge tank.
          Last edited by CDMBill; May 22, 2012, 03:45 PM.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I have a blown 3 amp fuse somewhere in the FAST harness that I can't find. So I have no power to the computer. And the ^%@$ pats system won't reset. I'm with Beagle on the GT500 idea.....
            used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Its from Electric Life and is the Colibri kit (made in Italy?) I'll be insatlling it this weekend, along with the trans, converter and surge tank.
              Thanks Bill, great price for a uni kit from a good company.
              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Getting the carb ready. I has been a long time since I ran one.
                Attached Files
                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                  Getting the carb ready. I has been a long time since I ran one.
                  Gatuitous photos of expensive parts being turned into shavings are always appreciated!!

Comment

we dont need no stinking choke horns...
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

True.And you need a helmet and to figure out your motor burp.LOL.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	862221Last night's photo: All suspension parts completely out of the car. I think I'm done removing parts finally, now my hillbilly rotisserie paint-job for the underneath, and engine compartment of the car can begin (4 XL jackstands, and me on my back with a bunch of rattle cans)!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                          now my hillbilly rotisserie paint-job for the underneath, and engine compartment of the car can begin (4 XL jackstands, and me on my back with a bunch of rattle cans)!
                          APPROVED!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My connecting rods came in, ordered some valve covers. Now to take the crank in for some strokage
                            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Finally making some progress in getting things back together. In an attempt to cool inside temps on the road, I installed some heat reflector from DEI that looks like it belongs in a taco truck. I also had the headers ceramic coated. That should reduce some of the radiant heat from the engine compartment.

taco-truck heat reflector. It turned into a bit of a patchwork 'cause of all the angles but should still improve conditions.

Name:	taco truck mod.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	862224

freshly coated headers - just looks like paint but supposed to be good for 2000*. We'll see if they discolor like the shiny silver coating on my 347 headers did.

Name:	coated header 1.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	862226

Engine, headers, and trans all in and bolted together

Name:	Engine-Trans in.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	862225

New transcooler mounted and plumbed out back with a rock shield on top.

Name:	TransCooler Mod.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	862223
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I feel better seeing everybody else with stuff all over the place. My garage looks like the proverbial bomb blast. I just fired mine today after redoing the front suspension, getting the trans rebuilt, changing the front brakes and changing the converter stall speed. Gotta TNT next week, NMCA True street race EOM.

Comment

Working...
                                X