Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulletproof
    replied
    Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
    Yep, got my paint at P&K right down from the track. I think they support Tulsa Raceway too. I remember when Blitz black first came out and the parts manager thought it would go bad on the shelf.....now it out sells green.
    it will go bad on the shelf...mine was a few years old,,,didnt shoot right,,,but at this point its all the same color ,,so im done

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Those are sweet!

Made progress today on mine kind of. I have had a universal radiator in this car for a long time that doesn't fit all that great. Today I made some mods to help seal it to the core support better so it would get more air pushed through on the highway and it works, highway temps were better. However. It seems now that any airflow into the engine compartment now comes through the radiator and that brought out our little friend VAPOR LOCK. It was hot today but I have driven in hotter and never had a problem with vapor lock. So what a great day, one step forward one step back lol. I will likely undo my airflow mod and see of the vapor lock goes away.

It also barfed fuel from the filler neck when I pulled into the driveway today. It was full and I have never seen the car do that in the 17 years I have had it. It barfed it from the filler neck, started leaking behind the fill cap and then barfed it out when I opened the filler. First fuel problems I have had and 7 days until DW awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Doing important work like making center caps for my wheels =P

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Haha. Beagle keep the lipton flowing!

I swapped the new sfi balancer on today and made some fan shroud extensions for the fan so it would cover the whole radiator.

And I painted the first coat in the guest room... My wifey-mandated project to be finished before DW.

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Wrestled with headers and throttle linkage, and pulley alignment all day, should be a few hours tomorrow and light it up.

I know I said that yesterday hhahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
    Almost died of heat stroke today lol. should run tomorrow
    99* out in the alley right now, I'm taking lots of breaks. Just to keep James happy, I'm drinking tea so I don't get distracted. haha.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    9.95@134 1.39 60 foot leaving on 50% of a 150 and ramping over two seconds. Felt great so I turned it up and then the rain came and didn't get another run. Time to pack up and get ready to leave Friday!
    Last edited by slimbo5; September 2, 2012, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
    cheap paint !!!!!!!! john deer blitz black $25.per gallon ,a gallon of thinner is $16.takes about 2 pints to paint my car,,, you can buy it by the pint,gallon or rattle can...it can also be brushed on....its pretty tough stuff,,,,

Yep, got my paint at P&K right down from the track. I think they support Tulsa Raceway too. I remember when Blitz black first came out and the parts manager thought it would go bad on the shelf.....now it out sells green.

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    cheap paint !!!!!!!! john deer blitz black $25.per gallon ,a gallon of thinner is $16.takes about 2 pints to paint my car,,, you can buy it by the pint,gallon or rattle can...it can also be brushed on....its pretty tough stuff,,,,

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    cheap paint.. Yup, me too. My '53 had the body work and paint done by a high school class.. in ~1997 I think.. been a real long time. It looks good at abou 50-75 feet!! If I remember right it was less than $600 total!!

NO WHERE NEAR what it costs nowadays!!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I'm always willing to answer questions and share my experiences. I keep too busy with my own projects though to travel around regularly to get real hands on. But if I'm in the neighborhood?

(The benefit for everyone else that DG doesn't have a project car at home, he has free'r time!).

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    It's funny/ sad how so many people can't ever get past the paint to see all the work that went on under the sheet metal. I've always had that problem. The yellow on my car is still the 8 year old Maaco job with chips and dents.

Randal your car is way cool and I want to learn from you to convert both my wife's Mustang w/ 351C and mine over to EFI at some point. I love builds like yours!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
    really hopin you guys get em together.lookin forward to seein the duster and the amx.....and lets not talk about cheap paint jobs.lol
    I'll get in on this cheap paint jobs. It's awesome how much silver makes the flaws disappear in pictures, because it's really rough in person

Leave a comment:

• moparman63
    replied
    really hopin you guys get em together.lookin forward to seein the duster and the amx.....and lets not talk about cheap paint jobs.lol

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Almost died of heat stroke today lol. should run tomorrow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X