Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

A Minnesota bird reminded me a few days ago that we only had 138 days to go...guess I need to get things rolling a little quicker...is anybody else in this state or am I the only one?

engine is out and close to garage door - had to remove it to get the headers coated plus trans & GV out to fit the new SFI case shield

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086 mod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	878597

axles out to remove third member, exhaust came out for trans removal

Name:	IMG_0087 mod.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	878599

third member out for new gears

Name:	IMG_0088 mod.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	878598

new back cut, polished gears from ebay

Name:	IMG_0003 mod.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	878600
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Running it every weekend!!!
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

My moth infested rig is in one piece and hopefully will stay that way!!!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

drove it yesterday,,picked up another nail in the drivers front tire....thats 5 plugs in that tire.....time for new front skins...picked up a oil pressure hose kit today for it...gonna install the new trans pan and converter weekend after next..

Comment

a Wisco bird that is sheesh haha.

engine block is off getting cleaned along with the heads.

Tranny needs to be gone over yet. and i need to have a drive shaft built, and decide on my rear end situation...

hoping its all together by august 1st for a month of cruising and shakedown testing.
          Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Going out in a couple minutes to see if mine will fire up with the MS3!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

At friends shop getting ready to cut rotted spots out of floor and put patches in
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

parts still being shipped in, block at machine shop, transmission all over one bench, two tractors to fix before I can make room for the ride to get in and start on roll cage, and planning on testing in mid June and a road trip or two before Sept. (Plus the gray primmer needs covering, time permitting). Other than that, no worries. (entry fee paid and Hotels booked)
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

drive mine 3-4 times aweek. Saving money for upgrades. Waiting til I have $$ before I tear it apart for upgrades..
                  Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                  Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                  Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                  Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

replaced oil pressure hose ,took to a local cruise ...... didnt cure all the leak....intake comes off this weekend to reseal....

Comment

and decide on my rear end situation...

This is a family site Doug. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by dougs67 View Post
                        a Wisco bird that is sheesh haha.
                        ah, forgive me Doug. Not sure how I confused the two...

--and watch the tranny / rear end talk like ksj2 said

Glad to see I'm not alone, hopefully the headers will be back within a couple weeks. I should have the rear and trans together and back in place by then.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Had to pull the converter out of my turbo truck, to send back and be restalled. The first track outting wasn't all that enlightening with a converter that flashes 1000 rpm below the cam's lower powerband.

Comment

haha my bad..
                            Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

according to BBR's comment on my last picture, mine looks like a dismembered Robby the Robot. I guess that should cover it.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X