No announcement yet.

104 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to the chassis dyno on Saturday morning. If it makes power and I get it dialed in, I'm going to the NHRA reunion in Bowling Green where it will be live on Bangshift.

Comment

That will be sooooooo cool!
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

good thing we are still in the triple digits on days left........I don't have anything together.....wonder what time the wife's sportage will turn??
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
          good thing we are still in the triple digits on days left........I don't have anything together.....wonder what time the wife's sportage will turn??
          How much spray you giving it?
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
            How much spray you giving it?
            Do they have a 300hp shot for a hamster cage?
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Happy birthday indeed Doc!

Hah, I laugh at your triple digit days left. Double digits, those are scary.
              Bill 98.Scared?

Comment

Sh*tless.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

lol
                  sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

I did get the alignment redone today after installing the new upper control arms. No more massive toe in on the launch, hopefully no more nose high run down the track and my skinnies might actually stop wearing out so fast. Its amazing how different the steering feels with some positive caster in it.

Comment

Two days of freeway commute style driving (80 mph to 0 and back up to 60, 20 times) on the 405 to the aligment shop yesterday and today has me feeling a bit better. Hopefully I haven't used up important DW survival miles.

Comment

Survival miles =P Sounds like a good around town drive.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

For better or worse, mostly worse, the faster you try to go and the more power you need to make to do it, the more parts become consumables. The trickiest are the valve train, these inlcude valve springs, rocker arms, roller lifters, camshafts, retainers and keepers and even push rods. Everyone delas with rings and bearings, but the low tension stuff with lateral gas ports and Napier second rings also wear faster.

Everything can be monitored, but sometimes stuff just bites you. The net is all of these things have a certain amount of street miles and drag strip passes or auto-x laps etc. in them hence survival miles. My line in the sand at the moment is two years as in if we got our combination right it should stay together for two years and then need springs and lifters and probably camshaft. Leak down and compression tests will tell me when the rings are done.

What I really need is a car that weighs a 1000 pounds less.We scaled it Tuesday and in street trim as we ran it at Topeka last year it went down the track at 4150#, its now around 4100#. The good news is by putting the top down it shifts 20# from front to back.

95 days to go. 90 to when I have to get on the road to Tulsa.

Comment

Working...
                          X