Im out but will be there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    That sucks man. I'm still up in the air with no co pilot so it's iffy for me as well. I won't be able to swing it cash wise by myself. Last years flooding has left me very limited on funds. There is always next year. First things first buddy.
    Slim........if you are serious, I have had offers for a co-pilot. I have one lined up, but I can bring another......just a thought. I wouldn't put you with an asshole.
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

And if Jakes co pilot doesnt work out, all of my rooms are two beds. I do not have a copilot either, you are welcome to split the rooms.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I would be temped to throw another engine in the RR for DW. Cheap and easy.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

thats what i was thinkin when i offered some help.but i dont know what is in it?
          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

I've seen and ridden in Don's RR .... IMHO, it doesn't even need an engine (it has a 383 now), just rings/bearings/more cam and a fresh set of valve springs ....

Just sayin' .....
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

My hopes are slightly restored by the offers. Still have some feelers out for local guys to copilot. The car is ready. If I can't find someone by July I'll be contacting you guys.
              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

I know it wont take much for the RR but I have put off house projects since 2007.If momma aint happy........ And Bamfstr you know her.LOL. Just saying....Besides may have to make a road trip to break in the new one.where could we go........

Comment

Sucks you won't be competing man, but still looking forward to meeting you...
                  sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Thanks DJ.You are addicted and havent even gone yet. Thats a good thing.I will do my best to go and race.If I cant have a car that will be somewhat competitive I'll still go and not race.When I went for the first time in 07 it was in its infancy and didnt realize what a great event it was. Now it should be on any serious gearheads bucket list.It will be interesting to see how HR handles the waiting list,dropouts etc.For it being your first time DJ stay away from the Aussies.They are 12 hours off time wise,thay like to talk and drink.But damn they are the greatest people.If I knew a kangaroo could go 1500 miles Id ride one. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                      Priorites I guess. 07 I went at the urging of 73 Fish.My Roadrunner was not ready so went DD in my POS.Glad I went.2010 I rode with Jeff and we were late getting to Indy(Damn that cars loud)Bummed rides the rest of the week.Last year I took the RR with my son and brother and had the best time ever.DW is addictive but Im on a limited budget.RR needs a motor rebuild,I need a car for work etc.Buy my first new car ever.A new Challenger. My dream car.Then I meet Bambi the deer and its totaled.Did I mention that I have lost both my parents in the last 19 months?They call me Lucky. LOL.
                      Don,

I hate to hear this but I do get it. You were my first encounter of Drag Week comraderie. You offered assistance to me without ever meeting me. Once we arrived it was like I knew you all my life. To me you are what Drag Week is about. I hope you go even as a passenger. If there is anything I can do please give me a call. And remember keep your head up things will come around when you least expect. Take care my friend.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Joe.I'll figure something out.The years I havent gone Ive followed DW on the net and my wife says that I act like I have PMS when I dont get to go. LOL.

Comment

My wife has never told me to do anything except I cant reside in the house during DW.Doesnt care where I am but cant be around her.LOL.Like you said things come around when you least expect it and they did. I'll be there.May not be the fastest thing but I'll be beating the snot out of it.

Comment

That is good news...
                            sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

That is great!
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

That's great don!
                                "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Working...
                                X