Im out but will be there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im out but will be there.

Priorites I guess. 07 I went at the urging of 73 Fish.My Roadrunner was not ready so went DD in my POS.Glad I went.2010 I rode with Jeff and we were late getting to Indy(Damn that cars loud)Bummed rides the rest of the week.Last year I took the RR with my son and brother and had the best time ever.DW is addictive but Im on a limited budget.RR needs a motor rebuild,I need a car for work etc.Buy my first new car ever.A new Challenger. My dream car.Then I meet Bambi the deer and its totaled.Did I mention that I have lost both my parents in the last 19 months?They call me Lucky. LOL.

Sucks......... Sorry bout the luck.......
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Dam .... they totaled it! From the pics I was thinking it might make it. My condolences Don.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Never a good thing when car meets deer. I saw truck on power tour met bambi's sister. Make sure and notify HOTROD if you are going to give up your competition pre registration spot. If a crate engine falls off of a truck you do have 90 days to install according to the bat lady!
        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

what motor is in rr?any intrest in finding some helpful pieces?
          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Don that sucks, but I fully understand priorities and family comes first. That's why I missed 2008-10.

If there is anything any of us can do help however...
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

bummer... stupid deer!! I say kill them all!!
              family as ALWAYS first. but hope you can still make it. Good talkin with ya the other day!!
              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Im searching a 6 state area to see if any dealers to see if they have one comprable.If I have to order one Im definitely out for this year.I need to check my lottery ticket.I'll know in a week and if Im out I'll notify HR for sure.
                Last edited by ksj2; June 7, 2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Family first, it was hard for my son last year when I missed, but we are both glad I did now.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I think making it to DW is one of the hardest things to do. You are making the correct choice Don.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I will sell my first born to make it, hes 24 strong and good looking. lol
                      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

LOL.My first born is 22 and he stiffed me for his rooms last year and he too is for sale.LOL.Dont expect more than a 20 bill for him though.

Comment

That sucks man. I'm still up in the air with no co pilot so it's iffy for me as well. I won't be able to swing it cash wise by myself. Last years flooding has left me very limited on funds. There is always next year. First things first buddy.
                          Last edited by slimbo5; June 7, 2012, 09:26 PM.
                          "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car. I have been wanting a Challenger here recently- they have really grown on me. Fortunately, you are ok and cars are relatively easily replaced- you are not.

As for selling the kids- I have been trying to sell my 28 year old daughter for years. I thought I got rid of her when she got married, but 6 years later she came back- with a 1 year old! Now- 1 1/2 years later- I would still sell the kid, but the grandkid is NOT for sale!
                            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Yeah... The 4yr old Grandson is a keeper!! My 24 yr old son still lives at home, but he pays the electric bill, cable bill, and water bill...so he is helping me afford dragweek!

ksj, How hard can it be to find a '12 Challenger with a 5.7, 6 speed, rubber floormats, radio delete?

Comment

Working...
                              X