Mufflers for the long drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mufflers for the long drives

Wondering what mufflers you guys run.. I have the small round 2 1/2" ID magnaflow straight throughs on it now. exiting out the sides right b4 the tires.
    My Dad who rode with me last year, and goin this year too. Didn't like going down the road with ear protection on having to yell to each other. (he's already hard of hearing at 73 years old)

I'm upgrading all exhaust this year. getting rid of the small primary headers and 2 1/2" pipes. and taking it all the way to the back. (3")

HELP!!
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

3" flowmaster 2 chambers w/turn downs in front of the axle, but then again I'm half deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other .....

You know what they say ..... "if it's too loud".....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I have 3.5 inch Aero Chambers with an x-pipe all the way to the rear on my Coronet and it is not too bad with a 500 inch motor. I had 3 inch Magnaflows with x-pipe before that and it was a little quieter. An x-pipe will quiet it down some and add a few ponies too.

Comment

3" pipes all the way back, with old Flowmaster big block mufflers. And lots of insulation under the carpet. Makes it nice, I can even hear the stereo sometimes.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

3.5 x pipe with magnaflows and 3 inch tails. Can listen to the radio and have a conversation with the windows down.
          "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

X pipe will help, tail pipes will help a lot, I hate flomasters for the drone, Dynomax makes some nice stuff that's mellow until you drop the go pedal.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

3.5" with X, and Magnaflow Ovals.....dumped at the axle.......it's pretty mellow......considering.
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

3.5 with X pipe, 2 chamber Flow Master's over and out the back. You can have a conversation and listen to the radio.

Comment

X or H pipe helps a ton. I had these Hooker Max Flows on my Ranger with no x or H and I hated them. On the Mustang though (has an H) they are kinda nice and mine are dumped right at the rear axle.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

maybe I'll even install a radio for this year!!

of course we will fight over hard rock, or oldies.......
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

With 4" pipe and a 4" x pipe 4 " bullet's that exit in front of the rear tires. cant hear anything in the car, or the car that passing us. I would suggest going a different dirrection than this
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

4 inch pipe, 4 inch inlet/4 inch outlet borla mufflers with in front of the rear axle turn down/outs. Moderate loud to loud. No drone. Big Rockford/Fosgate amplifier and lots of speakers. Conversation needs to be kept to a minimum anyway. Still kills power on the drag strip and is removed for collector extension for max power.
                        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Don't even go there Doc!!! I've riden along side of you, and I couldn't hear my own car!!!
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            With 4" pipe and a 4" x pipe 4 " bullet's that exit in front of the rear tires. cant hear anything in the car, or the car that passing us. I would suggest going a different dirrection than this
                            ^^ That aint no shit.LOL.

Comment

4" collector to Dr. Gas oval to Dr. Gas 3.5" x-pipe to 3"inlet/outlet large case DynoMax welded Ultraflows, 3" over axle to 18" Dyno Max bullets out stock location at rear valance.

We can talk at normal conversational levels. System comes off with 2 v-band clamps each side for going "fast" which is a laughable term in my case. Pulling system after x-pipe with adjusted tune was worth .2+ seconds back in '07 haven't tried it yet this year. The part I remove weighs 70 pounds. Case size is the key to quiet, the bigger the case for a given length and inlet/outlet diameter the quieter it'll be in almost any brand. It will also be heavier.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X