X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week BS and "whatever"

I hate trailering!

So i am thinking I may

because my 08 trailer has had 4 blowouts of chinese 15" tires , now one goodyear
    correct thing to do is buy 16" rims and LT tires before heading west 1280miles. +-$1400
    OR
    make a trailer to tow for 56 (how much guess+- $1000)
    buy spare 200 4R trans (only weak link in car besides Driver)+-$200-2000
    maybe even carry spare rear end, and tires(have)
    and drive 56 to "where ever"
    anyone have a 200 4R for lease,buy, borrow
    bob

BS freaks on PT
    Last edited by 1956NY150; June 28, 2012, 04:35 AM.

I can't remember, but if you're running a 9" , a spare pumpkin with 2.75's , case of hypoid? I did some math around gas prices and was trying to figure if the extra RPM was going to kill valve springs but then I thought about it - boats do it all the time. I'm not "on the edge" of spring and RPM so if they give up a little I'm not sure if I'll notice.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I vote A.

Mainly because I like AC and cruise control! haha
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

i did the change pumpkin thing last year,,,not this year!!!!

Comment

I'm actually gonna change pumpkins this year.. engine heat, gas mileage.. of course I mite only change it once or twice then say "f" it!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            I can't remember, but if you're running a 9" , a spare pumpkin with 2.75's , case of hypoid? I did some math around gas prices and was trying to figure if the extra RPM was going to kill valve springs but then I thought about it - boats do it all the time. I'm not "on the edge" of spring and RPM so if they give up a little I'm not sure if I'll notice.

A good quality valve spring will hold up fine, the biggest thing that kills springs is heat, keep the springs cool, and they will live indefinitely.. Since 06 I have NEVER killed a spring, but I also do some things to keep the springs well cooled..

Comment

"For the first time ever, Hot Rod is encouraging spectators to show up to watch the battle for HOT ROD's Fastest Street Car in America." HR web site

Plan A: has the biggest advantage
              is when things go bad
              home base isnt 1280 miles away

Comment

I bought a replacement Goodyear Marathon trailer tire for my flat bed trailer last year after one tire ate a giant screw. They are made in China now too!

I went back to the little trailer deal for the event last year. I built a box and tire rack on a Harbor Freight 40"x48" unit we could store in the back of the pick up truck and assemble on site after the tow. With upgraded tires and wheels and bearings an the sheet aluminum and farming for the trailer I have about a grand in it assuming my labor is worthless. This year I am lengthening the tongue for better backing up and tracking, moving the wheel base back for better balance and lowering it about six inches for rearward visibility.
                Last edited by CDMBill; June 29, 2012, 08:38 AM.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

maybe Hot Rod will divide DD into a few ET Brackets

and give out more shirts

one shirt for 100+cars is kind of lame

more than 70 wont get in bracket race
                  but MAYBE they are busy helping?

bob
                  Last edited by 1956NY150; July 13, 2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                    "For the first time ever, Hot Rod is encouraging spectators to show up to watch the battle for HOT ROD's Fastest Street Car in America." HR web site

Plan A: has the biggest advantage
                    is when things go bad
                    home base isnt 1280 miles away
                    This reminds of the famous quote; " you never feel under dressed or over weight at the drags"

Sorry Floyd.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I drove my 55 1100 miles or so to Topeka last year, you can do it. I didn't stoop to using an overdrive or ac, but I do have cruise control.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I agree i am going to try and drive out

it is a DDNA

i may need a trailer?
                        bob

Comment

those cars have big trunks, why would you need a trailer?
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            Cause Alan is needy.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              Sure beats unloading the trunk or the bed of a truck... just unhook and done

Comment

Working...
                              X