had a match RACE
    not time trial

first race today

Joe won with 56
    Larry had to be pushed off start line but drove to pits

dont know if they are RACING again

Jeff Lutz is there with new pro mod 67 Camaro

reporter on site"200WINS"
    Last edited by 1956NY150; July 15, 2012, 07:52 AM.

The pics look more like they were taken in Topeka and not Joliet.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Interesting Camaro =P Joe's a great guy, and Larry is pretty hilarious himself.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

reporter on site

photos from DW file

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
          had a match RACE
          not time trial

first race today

Joe won with 56
          Larry had to be pushed off start line but drove to pits

dont know if they are RACING again

Jeff Lutz is there with new pro mod 67 Camaro

reporter on site"200WINS"
          So... they didnt race.
          HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
          HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
          FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

They actually went to Line
            to Race
            unbelievable to some

i dont know for sure but i believe they both tried to staged,
            i will try and get a update

NMCA is for Door cars
            with a lot of classes and True Street
            and No one is there
            no draily drivers trying TS
            interesting
            Last edited by 1956NY150; July 15, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I watched them line up a couple times at a PSCA event in Las Vegas. One run Joe dropped a drive shaft about 30ft after the start line.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A buddy of mine that is there this weekend told me that Larsons car lost a lifter on Friday and that they had some coming. He sent me some pictures of Doug Clines new (very nice) DW car there- he said Larson was tuning it. So, 3 DW Unlimited cars TNT this weekend in Joliet. Also, Jeff Lutz was there, but he was racing his very nice Camaro, not the 57.
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

They actually went to Line
                  to Race
                  unbelievable to some

i dont know for sure but i believe they both tried to staged,
                  i will try and get a update

NMCA is for Door cars
                  with a lot of classes and True Street
                  and No one is there
                  no draily drivers trying TS
                  interesting
                  Well I tried, we went to the first NMCA West race at Fanoso three weeks ago and I shattered the trigger wheel?! We go to Pomona next. No threat to win but it's fun.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

UPDATE

Larry did stage, pushed back off line, did something under hood and drove back to pits
                    Sunday he made a pass i believe
                    Saturday Night; Larry and Joe drove their cars to a local night spot

Willard made two rounds (Willard driving newer 96? mustrang) 6.70's
                    Jeff lost in first round with new camaro

Forgot guys name who won but 6:00 @247 another Chevy? powered Mustrang

sat night late someone ended up on their roof after the traps and on fire, no one hurt

Sunday at 6 they still had true street and the bracket race to run,
                    reporter had toget home to ND

Comment

45 cars in True Street was a very, very light field for the Super Bowl. I wonder if the heat kept a lot of people away?

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

UPDATE

Larry did stage, pushed back off line, did something under hood and drove back to pits
                        Sunday he made a pass i believe
                        Saturday Night; Larry and Joe drove their cars to a local night spot

Willard made two rounds (Willard driving newer 96? mustrang) 6.70's
                        Jeff lost in first round with new camaro

Forgot guys name who won but 6:00 @247 another Chevy? powered Mustrang

sat night late someone ended up on their roof after the traps and on fire, no one hurt

Sunday at 6 they still had true street and the bracket race to run,
                        reporter had toget home to ND
                        Six flat? Holy smoke. Besides Larry and Joe, are these cars we'll see at Drag Week
                        Last edited by CDMBill; July 16, 2012, 11:56 AM.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

no

they get pushed back to pits with a 4 wheeler

but there was another Unlimited Car for Drag Week there that Larry was tuning or helping on and i forgot names and etc.

was not this car

Denny ? for this year
                          Last edited by 1956NY150; July 16, 2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

^^^^^Yellow Camaro of Doug"Pizza guy" Cline from North Carolina.One funny MF'er.
                            Last edited by ksj2; July 16, 2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Kevin Mitchell took a violent spill after the finish line Friday night during 2nd round Q's. It was hot and miserable in Illinois but the racing was cool.......Well the racing was hot too. This is a great show, our second one spectating this year, we also went to the opener in Bradenton, FL. Larry and Joe did a spectacular side by side burn out, after staging Joe made a full pass and Larry was pushed off the starting line. After a few moments under the hood he drove back to the pits. Larry did make a pass on Sunday. I am not good at remembering ET's so I don't remember what they ran. Walsh went 6.005 in there "small block" mustang. Jeff Lutz had a great looking Yenco Camaro in Pro Street, he went out first round then came back for a couple of T&T's. After being at many different events, I am thinking that the NMCA is a lot more fun that any NHRA Nationals. There is room to breathe, and so many classes that most anyone can participate in.
                              Attached Files
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
                              X