Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has been to all these tracks before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whichdoctor
    replied
    I have been to Tulsa, Ennis and Memphis.

The groove at the all concrete texas motorplex is very tight. Best be paying attention and keep your car right down the middle or you will have some issues.

I will not comment about Tulsa, except there is room for improvement.

Memphis should be good if track prep is completely thouroughly done. (pump gas drags had some issues with compounds that seemed to turn the surface into a skating rink).

Gilliam is unknown to me.

Leave a comment:

• moparman63
    replied
    been to tulsa and ennis.nothing really to tell for cars at my level.(hi 10s)....both are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Only Tulsa here......I am excited to get to Louisiana!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    I've been to Tulsa and Memphis multiple times, but the rest of the tracks are new to me.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    September in Louisiana, mineshaft air no doubt. I've only been to Memphis and at that as a PGD spectator.

For the veterans, do any of the tracks have special features, like a big dip in the left lane at the 660 or other "features". irwindale's merging shut down area, two lanes into one comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• DusterDj
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    I have not been to Thunder Road for several years but was there with IHRA when they ran national events at the track (at the time the track was called Red River Raceway). It is only like 100' above sea level, so with good air, guys can really haul some ass.

Brian
    Good to know...

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    tulsa and ennis.. dragweek has really jumped my number up though...

Leave a comment:

• MoparBilly
    replied
    Tulsa, Ennis, Shreveport...not Memphis, though my brothers have been. I'm up to around 40 tracks.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    I have not been to Thunder Road for several years but was there with IHRA when they ran national events at the track (at the time the track was called Red River Raceway). It is only like 100' above sea level, so with good air, guys can really haul some ass.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 1, 2012, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DusterDj
    replied
    Tulsa we all know is fast. Ennis might be a tad faster and Memphis is right with them. I know nothing about Thunder Road though. I'm sure it is a quality race track...

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    Good ? Ive only been to Tulsa.Sheltered life I live.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Tulsa and Memphis

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    started a topic Who else has been to all these tracks before?

Who else has been to all these tracks before?

Just wondering out loud.

I have been to all of the DW 2012 strips before...has anyone else? Not that I can give all that much insight, but if you have questions, hit me up! Kepner has been to like 250+ tracks. I am way behind him, but I have been to all of this year's stops.

Can't wait...this is (in my opinion) the coolest announcing gig in drag racing. Harks back to the old days of the Coca Cola Cavalcade of Funny Car Stars and other touring shows that raced almost every night of the week in the 1960s and 1970s.

BE THERE!

Brian
Working...
X