• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksj2
    replied
    Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    4.88,s and 6000 stall sounds like race car to me. Lol
    Jakes motor is a cross of a Nextel Cup motor meeting a Comp Eliminator motor.

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Thanks Brian, ill try and get teh cage certified and physical done before hand.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    tsanchez -- if you can get to the test session on Sunday at Tulsa and make three passes you can get your license paperwork done. As long as you have a copy and it is signed off by three people you'll be good to go for the rest of the week....assuming it runs 9s. You can send the check and all that junk in later, but I don't see you having a problem if you get the license form signed on Sunday. I'll be helping with tech and stuff on Sunday, so if you need anything with respect to this, find me.
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 3, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    4.88,s and 6000 stall sounds like race car to me. Lol

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Spring oilers are common sense, and don't make anymore HP........how does that make it a race car. Nitrous bottles and crank triggers and 110 gas? Sounds like a race car to me. I just have a granny headed grocery getter little motor.............
    Last edited by lun40119; August 3, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    Lol. Crank trigger was one my best investments ever. Timing is rock solid. As for the trailer weight I have it setup perfect. I can pull the pin and walk it around by myself fully loaded. And if you wanna talk about race car parts how about jakes spring oilers in his valve covers. My valve covers don't have plumbing.

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    I was thing same thing.... crank trigger..
    he's got himself a gotdamn real ass race car there!! yup he does!!

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    Dayum Slim.You ever weighed te trailer?

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Crank Trigger? Holy shit.............that is race car shit. I don't even have one of those!!!
    Last edited by lun40119; August 3, 2012, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    I'll also have every gasket for my motor besides head gaskets. Two oil changes. Amsoil for the trans. Gear oil for the rear. A spare rear tire and rim, 12 volt compressor. A full top box of tools. Cordless impact. Drain pan. An empty container for waste oil and one for water. Aluminum jack. Jack stands. Electric scooter for pit use. Three nitrous bottles. 5 gallons of 110 for the nitrous cell. Extra wire and relays/fuses. Wire ties. Duct tape. Belt for the motor. Dist cap and rotor. extra pickup for the crank trigger. I'll have my buddy bring his extra digital 6. Spare set of plug wires. U joints. Cordless drop lights (use same batteries as impact). Brakleen. Carb cleaner. Various types of rtv and loctite. COOLER. And a partridge in a pear tree. I brought all of this with me in 2010 and needed none of it. I'm hoping for the same this year.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
    Got any rambler stuff? haha

Im not going to have enough time to get a nhra lisence so if for some reason car can go faster than 10.0 Ill have to be careful.
    I struggled with this in 08, and its why Doc drove in 07 we where running real low 10s and did not want to waist a run, but I think we could print out the paper work and make three runs Wink Wink one at each track to get your license along the way. If you need some of the stuff I am sure we can find stuff to fit you if it was needed. So as long as the car will tech you will be in.

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    You need some 7/16 pushrods? I have an extra set of those......

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    Thanks jake I appreciate it. I'm also bringing spare springs,fuel pump,nitrous noid, starter, alternator , water pump, about 64 spark plugs and lots of other junk

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    Run it............If you have to make a weinee pass so what..........

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Got any rambler stuff? haha

Im not going to have enough time to get a nhra lisence so if for some reason car can go faster than 10.0 Ill have to be careful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X