lots of rules to get a street car to go in nines legally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    I hear ya jake. I hope the Prep is good. I'm gonna run on radials.
    In the earlier post I said "I love them all!!!"........I lied. I love them all except for McConnell. He is a dirty whore!!!

Motor hit 9350rpm on that botched launch.....oooof.
    Last edited by lun40119; August 3, 2012, 09:12 AM.
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Lololol. Ouch.
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
        Settle down "Limpy"........I am just picking on you. I like your car. Full weight boat!!!

How would Larson's car run without the "hairdriers"?

I change the oil daily on DW because I believe it is alot cheaper than replacing parts. So does Doc......

You are exactly right........in the end, we all pick our poison, and I love them all!!! Just having a little fun.....
        Seriously, you change oil everyday? I put a fresh change in it before the event and hope its good. Of course my engine not as stressed as you small block guys, 7500 rpm with a 4.5 stroke does make some piston speed though.

9.70's @142+, 4150# going down the track. But the good news is with the convertible top I had to have a cage to run 11.50's. And better yet, arm restraints when I run with the top down. It moves 20# front to back for more traction.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I hope my utility trailer never actually crashes because there will be a big ass oil slick with my monday load on board.
          HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
          HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
          FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Yep......Doc and I both change it every morning at the track.....they say the additive package in Redline Synthetic goes a way quickly.....kind of like the "race" oil from Valvoline. I don't mind changing it. It gives me piece of mind.
            Team Clueless
            1st Place SB/NA DW12
            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
            sigpic

Comment

And here I ran my oil for 4,000+ miles =P
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

In 06 the rest of the SBN/A guys thought I was nuts with a 8.50 cert. in same thing in 07 as we sandbagged outt the week till the last day then everyone knew why it had the cert and the extra stuff. As guys times have dropped you see more 8.50 cert. cars running in the Class.

We change oil a lot its cheap and gets beat up pretty bad. Cut filters and try to find issues early on. Change Oil, lash valves, check springs its a way of life on Drag Week with the junk we run.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Parking lot routine......

And here is one of my new favorite.......I did it for my good buddy on YB.COM that didn't believe the closed pressure we run......
                  Checking valvesprings on a street car. This is an informational video for Mr. Shortbus, and his little buddy Butch.

I crack me up.........oh and Christina helped, she took the video for me, all along calling me a moron!!!
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

i run more spring than you jake....im 240 on the seat, 550 open. i run the lash every other day and change the oil at the halfway mark.

Comment

I pull 2-3 at 8600-8800..........it just makes me feel better ok? I can't afford to build another one if I break this one.......so I do my best to take care of this one.

My springs are around 580lbs over the nose.......they have alot of rate...and this thing gets the oil hot cruising north of 4000rpm.
                      Last edited by lun40119; August 3, 2012, 12:53 PM.
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

I need one of those lsm spring checkers. You is high tech. I use an old Moroso one. You went with morel lifters this time? I'm running crower hippos. I need to order a set to take with me in the next couple weeks
                        Last edited by slimbo5; August 3, 2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I was running GS ultra Pro's and I have no bitch about them......except they are a billion dollars to rebuild. It is just smarter for me to run the Morels.......costs less to rebuild. I'd like to get two cycles out of the bodies instead of just one. You are welcome to use mine on DW if you'd like. I also have their spring compressor which you are also very welcome too. Ill have a spare set of Isky 9375plus's with on DW, along with a spare set of straight up and offset lifters for small blocks. Ill be damned if I am going to leave someone on the side of the road if I have the parts on the shelf at home. All used of course. I never throw anything away.
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

This is the compressor......works slick!!!
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

Got any rambler stuff? haha

Im not going to have enough time to get a nhra lisence so if for some reason car can go faster than 10.0 Ill have to be careful.
                              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Run it............If you have to make a weinee pass so what..........
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X